1st Corona Case in SA in KZN

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Don't be scared. HIV has been here since 1982.

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
11 000 people died of flu last year in SA. There are lots of other things that kill you out there.... The media creates a lot hype and hysteria, dont forget that.

On a personal level Im not scared of the Coronavirus.
I do worry about the economic implications though if it spreads out of control, for me that is the biggest danger to this country.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
Media hype at 100% full speed. As LupiniPower said plain old Influenza killed 11000 people in South African alone last year, don't hear no big song and dance about that...

Rage

Forum Member
Reaction score
I do worry about the economic implications though if it spreads out of control, for me that is the biggest danger to this country.
It already is causing huge losses to the economy. I cant get containers of manufactured goods out of china, storage costs. Production at our suppliers is still closed, expect delays of 8 weeks due to this. Forward cover dates are approaching fast without stock having shipped. New orders will probably have to be done with out forward cover......

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
It already is causing huge losses to the economy. I cant get containers of manufactured goods out of china, storage costs. Production at our suppliers is still closed, expect delays of 8 weeks due to this. Forward cover dates are approaching fast without stock having shipped. New orders will probably have to be done with out forward cover......
Good for local producers/suppliers if they exist for a given product, bad for importers yes...

pat218

Forum Member
Reaction score
I believe the person is from Hilton, just been to the local spar and all the hand sanitizer has been sold out. guess some people are making money

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
The population of Hilton are 73% over 80s. If half of them die it might be a nice place to go visit.

Rage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Good for local producers/suppliers if they exist for a given product, bad for importers yes...
The containers are a full of parts needed for local production. The parts on the containers make up 5% of the completed product. Go figure.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
I think you mean Howick LOL
I still don't get Howick, old people are usually always cold, unsteady on their feet and avoid stairs and not good with slippery surfaces. ie you want a hot, dry flat place to live- Yet howick a very wet, hilly(lots of stairs) and generally chilly place is full of retired folk.

shark_za

Forum Member
Reaction score
I spent last week in Hilton.
Bastard guy better not go to pubs

StefanKTM

Forum Member
Reaction score
11 000 people died of flu last year in SA. There are lots of other things that kill you out there.... The media creates a lot hype and hysteria, dont forget that.

On a personal level Im not scared of the Coronavirus.
They died of flu because they had HIV/AIDS. Corona is going to have a ball here HIV patients will be a complete walkover.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Guy at work came back from Germany this weekend and the SHE rep reported him to NICD. Drama queen AF but we will probably get notified if shit gets real