1st Off Road National 2020

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
So the 1st National Off road has come and gone. I am puzzled by the results. The Organizer, found the route, marked the route and then RACED in his own event and then miraculously ended up WINNING the race. :icon_rolleyes: What are your thoughts on this?

Then MSA and there commission wonder why there are only around 40 national riders.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
I don't think Charan had anything to do with setting the route. From what I saw, Altus set the entire route.

The amount of entries is pretty sad. :icon_e_confused:

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
The Enduro numbers didnt seem to bad but I read that they raced most of the offroad loop due to the weather.

I think its the venue that attracted the numbers.

StefanKTM

Forum Member
Reaction score
I don't think Charan had anything to do with setting the route. From what I saw, Altus set the entire route.

This was my understanding also,

On a positive note: The National Enduro on Saturday had more than 120 entries which in my opinion is a very good number by todays standards.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
This was my understanding also,

On a positive note: The National Enduro on Saturday had more than 120 entries which in my opinion is a very good number by todays standards.
I think Charan and his team are clever enough to not put themselves into a spot where he is setting the route and racing it. I'm sure Altus did it all, however you never really know :icon_rolleyes:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I'm sure I saw that Travis got the overall win and not Charan?

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score

I Call BS I suppose you believe in father X Mas as well. Seriously , if any one believes that then I just dont know, never won a national before but you win the race you set- its laughable.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
I Call BS I suppose you believe in father X Mas as well. Seriously , if any one believes that then I just dont know, never won a national before but you win the race you set- its laughable.

I did say you never know, but to some extent you have to trust their better judgment...

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I'm sure I saw that Travis got the overall win and not Charan?
Roll& stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

He does look like he can gobble down a Herbalife shake in one go Jonno so you never really know.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Who the Andy cares..

We need more people to put their hands up and organise events.

The Cole family organises a national on their farm down here and Gareth Doesn't win. You still need to go fast..
If I set a national enduro, I probably wouldn't win it either...

Charan had a good end to his 2019 season (winning opens) and has continued his streak.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
So the 1st National Off road has come and gone. I am puzzled by the results. The Organizer, found the route, marked the route and then RACED in his own event and then miraculously ended up WINNING the race. :icon_rolleyes: What are your thoughts on this?

Then MSA and there commission wonder why there are only around 40 national riders.

You just found the reason there are 40 entries without realizing it...

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Do you know Charan? I do pretty well and he's not that kind of person.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
obviously he is going to do well its his back garden , same as when the Gauteng and western cape guys go race in Natal , the natal boys will clean up and visa versa , its called home ground advantage .

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score

The Enduro loop was set by Altus , but was not used as a call was made to use the offroads time trial from the day before because of the weather .

The offroad loop was set by 3 people , Altus , Kyle Enslin and a local , I do not know who he is though

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Do you know Charan? I do pretty well and he's not that kind of person.
Have to agree :thumbs up:
Dont know him that well, but the little interaction I had with him gave the same impression.