200 to 250 exc-f. Should I?

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Howzit guys (and Monique😉),

I currently own a 2015 200 and I am considering going 4T in the form of a 2017 250 exc-f 6 Days.

A little about me, I bant(😂) so I weigh in at 75kgs. Unfortunately Banting has also made me shrink to a decidedly average height of 1.76m😉. I am 42 and I like long walks on the beach.

I try to ride primarily tech terrain and I am not very fast!

My question to you Oracles of Riding is the following:

What would I gain by going to the 250 4T? It is obviously heavier and I believe will feel heavier too. Would I notice a difference in power/torque relative to the 200? Will the 250 4T be a hinderance in tech terrain or will it benefit me?

Also, I am not married to idea of the 250 being a KTM - I’ll consider the YZ250FX if it is suited to my needs(I’m not sure it is though).

Thanks for indulging me:thumbs up:

Cheers

Last edited:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I am 51 next month ride a six days 2017 ktm weigh 84 kg and find the 4t far easier to ride despite the weight , but this thread is going to spark off the old 2t vs 4t debate! at the end of the say it boils down to personal preference . find some willing to let you try theirs out in tech terrain and decide for yourself !

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
As dean says, nobody can tell you which bike, you have to go and physically ride them to get a feel

- - - Updated - - -

I am 51 next month ride a six days 2017 ktm weigh 84 kg and find the 4t far easier to ride despite the weight , but this thread is going to spark off the old 2t vs 4t debate! at the end of the say it boils down to personal preference . find some willing to let you try theirs out in tech terrain and decide for yourself !
You don't look a day over 78 :icon_e_biggrin:

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Dean. I hope it doesn’t kick off that debate although I am interested in different opinions. I need to get my thoughts together before test riding one - a test ride usually ends in my brain switching off and the tested bike being bought. I am a mental midget��.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
As dean says, nobody can tell you which bike, you have to go and physically ride them to get a feel

- - - Updated - - -

You don't look a day over 78 :icon_e_biggrin:
Thanks NI, I get that it is very subjective and that I do need a ride one. I guess I'm looking for the more objective points...:thumbs up:

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Howzit guys (and Monique��),

I currently own a 2015 200 and I am considering going 4T in the form of a 2017 250 exc-f 6 Days.

A little about me, I bant(��) so I weigh in at 75kgs. Unfortunately Banting has also made me shrink to a decidedly average height of 1.76m��. I am 42 and I like long walks on the beach.

What would I gain by going to the 250 4T? It is obviously heavier and I believe will feel heavier too. Would I notice a difference in power/torque relative to the 200? Will the 250 4T be a hinderance in tech terrain or will it benefit me?

Also, I am not married to idea of the 250 being a KTM - I’ll consider the YZ250FX if it is suited to my needs(I’m not sure it is though).

Cheers
Proper lurker ek se!!

Ive had both and both times I tipped the scale at 90KG's im sold on the 250F, the advantages outweighs disadvantages and especially the new 250F 17' newer the geometry and the suspension hides a lot of the weight.

Best is speak to someone here or a KTM dealer and take one for a proper ride.

PS mine will be for sale as of Wednesday 21/03/18, let me know if you need details.

Scully

Forum Member
Reaction score
Howzit guys (and Monique��),

A little about me, I bant(��) so I weigh in at 75kgs. Unfortunately Banting has also made me shrink to a decidedly average height of 1.76m��. I am 42 and I like long walks on the beach.

Cheers
Maybe consider the 150 as well, it weighs almost 10 kg less then ur 200 and has enough power to lug ur 75kg's up any mountain.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Proper lurker ek se!!

Ive had both and both times I tipped the scale at 90KG's im sold on the 250F, the advantages outweighs disadvantages and especially the new 250F 17' newer the geometry and the suspension hides a lot of the weight.

Best is speak to someone here or a KTM dealer and take one for a proper ride.

PS mine will be for sale as of Wednesday 21/03/18, let me know if you need details.
Thanks Tman, thought I'd read somewhere that you'd moved onto a 250F - I was hoping you would comment. I take it you find that the 250F has more than enough grunt for your needs?

PS. Why you selling yours?

George250

Forum Member
Reaction score
Last year I had both at the same time, you cant go wrong with either but it you change it will take a bit of getting used to. The 250 4t has plenty torque and power and you will never be lacking in power. If you go 4t give it some time learn how to use the power delivery then you will enjoy the bike. I personally prefer the 2t its soot's my riding style better and I think that in extreme tech two is the better... but there no wrong or right they both good. I bought the 4t cause in my head I thought It would better and smother but in reality for me I'm definitely more comfortable on a 250 2t.

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Last year I had both at the same time, you cant go wrong with either but it you change it will take a bit of getting used to. The 250 4t has plenty torque and power and you will never be lacking in power. If you go 4t give it some time learn how to use the power delivery then you will enjoy the bike. I personally prefer the 2t its soot's my riding style better and I think that in extreme tech two is the better... but there no wrong or right they both good. I bought the 4t cause in my head I thought It would better and smother but in reality for me I'm definitely more comfortable on a 250 2t.
Cool feedback George, thanks:thumbs up:

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

2017 250 Exc-F bought. Take delivery next week:thumbs up:
Looking forward to learning to ride a 4T - losing Rekluse at the same time, so lots of
challenges in the short term.

Thanks all for your input:thumbs up:

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

2017 250 Exc-F bought. Take delivery next week:thumbs up:
Looking forward to learning to ride a 4T - losing Rekluse at the same time, so lots of
challenges in the short term.

Thanks all for your input:thumbs up:
Congrats and enjoy the new wheels...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new bike, I agree with Ian, I dont think you will regret it, just give it a chance if you dont gel with it straight away, it is a big change from the 200, and might feel strange at first because you have to ride it a little differently