2016 ktm 300 xc-w GONE

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
You may have a point in more guys financing older bikes than expected, but financing a 4 year old 2nd hand bike is a lot less of a mission with a dealer who has connections/finance partners than with a private sale as well. Although I know there is something in the pipeline that will help this just not sure if it is live yet or public knowledge.
I financed my bike privately when I bought it, not really a mission, FNB private to private finance

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
I won't finance toys either. I am also of the school that if you can't afford it then you can't have it.

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Do you have to sell the old 300 in order to buy the new one ? If not hang onto the old bike and keep it advertised, the key is not to be desperate, It will eventually sell. I had my wife's 2013 350 Freeride for sale, dealers offered 18-20K on the bike, they all said we will never get more than 28k retail- Just kept it advertised and now i have 38 500 cash :thumbs up: Never be in a hurry and the right buyer will come along. 45K is a decent price for that bike.Good luck

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Do you have to sell the old 300 in order to buy the new one ? If not hang onto the old bike and keep it advertised, the key is not to be desperate, It will eventually sell. I had my wife's 2013 350 Freeride for sale, dealers offered 18-20K on the bike, they all said we will never get more than 28k retail- Just kept it advertised and now i have 38 500 cash :thumbs up: Never be in a hurry and the right buyer will come along. 45K is a decent price for that bike.Good luck
Has been a thought, but the new bike is expensive! Need to move it. Even if, at the death, it means the trade bath.

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
Buying a new bike should be a happy and exciting endeavor... Based on this thread however, you would think its a death sentence. Crazy stuff

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Buying a new bike should be a happy and exciting endeavor... Based on this thread however, you would think its a death sentence. Crazy stuff
Dude, loss of a few grand taken into a account, I still feel like a teenager on his first visit to the Grand!!!!

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
This whole old school idea that putting a dirt bike on finance is not the done thing because it’s a toy is bollocks in my opinion.

If you’re loaded and can shell out 130k plus all the extras then good for you. Not many people out there have that kind of loot in the bank. If you had to save up your repayments by the time you got to the amount the bike was it’ll be way more anyway and you’ve lost out on 5 years of riding.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
This whole old school idea that putting a dirt bike on finance is not the done thing because it’s a toy is bollocks in my opinion.

If you’re loaded and can shell out 130k plus all the extras then good for you. Not many people out there have that kind of loot in the bank. If you had to save up your repayments by the time you got to the amount the bike was it’ll be way more anyway and you’ve lost out on 5 years of riding.
If the car, bike, boat and caravan industry had to rely on cash buyers alone they would close down. all of them. Besides less sales, the finance deals are where the money lays.

FHM_V

Forum Member
Reaction score
If the car, bike, boat and caravan industry had to rely on cash buyers alone they would close down. all of them. Besides less sales, the finance deals are where the money lays.
I think that is one of the reasons that new cars are exorbitantly priced. I feel that manufacturers are exploiting the fact that they can now price a little higher due to most people financing there vehicles, making it seemingly more affordable....
just my 2c.... Anybody else feel this way? Sorry for hijacking this thread...:196:

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I think that is one of the reasons that new cars are exorbitantly priced. I feel that manufacturers are exploiting the fact that they can now price a little higher due to most people financing there vehicles, making it seemingly more affordable....
just my 2c.... Anybody else feel this way? Sorry for hijacking this thread...:196:
You are probably right.