2019 KTM XCW side stand

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a side stand and was shocked at the cost of a new one. what other options are there. I owe a friend a side stand. My bike fell over and knocked his bike over breaking the side stand. Expensive little mistake!

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a side stand and was shocked at the cost of a new one. what other options are there. I owe a friend a side stand. My bike fell over and knocked his bike over breaking the side stand. Expensive little mistake!
The right thing to do is to replace with the same OEM one that you broke! :icon_lol:

PS: How much are they?

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
The right thing to do is to replace with the same OEM one that you broke! :icon_lol:

PS: How much are they?
I am going to do that but sometimes the aftermarket ones are better? the OEM is certainly not strong seeing as how the bike fell over and it broke. If the guy wants the OEM one I will certainly buy it for him. Locally they quoted me R1600

R&R

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

They only break when worn or poorly maintained.

StefanKTM

Forum Member
Reaction score
I am going to do that but sometimes the aftermarket ones are better? the OEM is certainly not strong seeing as how the bike fell over and it broke. If the guy wants the OEM one I will certainly buy it for him. Locally they quoted me R1600
A proper Welding and finishing job probably won't set you back more than R500?

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
A rear tyre cost's me more than that

R&R

Forum Member
Reaction score
Serious question. How do you maintain a side stand other than checking the bolt is tightened?
There is a stainless bush, O ring, requires regular lubrication. Bolt must be kept tight. If not lubricated side stand wears on stainless bush. Try it, your side stand will last much longer! :) I have an original side stand on my 2009 Husaberg, still like new.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Hyde Swingarm guards are the number 1 cause of KTM side stand issues.

If your mates bike has hide swingarm guards you guys should split the cost 50/50.