2020 SX Season

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Anyone here follow?

Ive been following closely this year, probably missed 2 races this year but only followed the 450 class.

Seriously strong lineup this year: https://www.motoxaddicts.com/2019/12/17/2020-silly-season-team-updates/

Genuinely seems like Tomac is unstoppable (outdoors), but his new stable mate caused an upset after beating him 2/1 at the Monster energy cup and im sure it was his 450 class debut. (Ciancerulio that is and indoors)?

Then there is Roczen that has been struggling with his health as runner up of last year and then not to forget James Stewart that is on fire at the moment.

Then Husqvarna having a team consisting of 5 riders. Anderson being their strongest rider battling with injuries this year but I seriously think he is a title contender.

But then Cooper And Marvins consistency is hard to beat with the title going to Cooper and KTM.

Lastly our local National champ Calib Tannant (spelling 444) cracking the top 20's in a field of 40 riders for the outdoor season battling with EBV (I think) at the last few races before figuring out whats wrong. Really hoping he has a good season in 2020.

Last edited:

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Don't follow too much, but do follow Adam Cianciarulo. I think he'll need a year or two to catch up to the big guys, but definitely a top contender once he gets used to everything. Although I don't follow MX/SX that closely I do know that Tomac is a potent machine, so I think Adam having him as a team mate is highly beneficial for Adam.

I feel bad for Roczen, bad luck, with his wrists etc. I don't think many riders would carry on after what he has been through. Hopefully he can get back to the top, although I could see it being depressing for him if it takes a while to get there.

I think you meant Malcolm Stewart, only thing James is good at is eating, by the looks of it. :icon_e_biggrin:

Caleb has a shot, but I don't think he'll make it big. I think you need to be put into that environment (US MX/SX) from a very young age to be able to compete against those guys. He only moved over there last year, so he has some catching up. (have you seen his cherry :icon_e_surprised: ?)

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Haha yes, Malcolm indeed. Showed excellent form late season this year.

Adam and Roczen are best mates so he has been exposed to decent training conditions for some time now and WRT Roczen he is one tough bugger if you take into consideration everything he has been through and Honda has rewarde him with another 3 year contract.

Chase sexton who is the 250 National champ in the states also moved to the 450 class but had shoulder surgery earlier this week in a pitbike accident so he is skipping A1

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Tman stop these silly post's this is becoming an adventure bike site

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I skeem Chad Reed will take it and James Stewart is good for a podium!

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Tman where do you watch the races? seems youtube only shows highlights?
Check here, you cant stream them directly off of Google, but just go to Dailymotion > sport > Search 2020 SX. There are multiple uploads of the same shit.

Heat 1,2 + LCQ are all around 8min long and the final is 20min + 2 laps. Keep in mind West coast (1st half of the season) will be in the early hours of Sunday mornings so stay away from Social media if you follow SX to avoid spoiler alert.

After you have read your own post. Then you have a look at this again.

You can even watch anaheim 1 tonight if you like.

Lees en Presteer!

Last edited:

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
Check here, you cant stream them directly off of Google, but just go to Dailymotion > sport > Search 2020 SX. There are multiple uploads of the same shit.

Heat 1,2 + LCQ are all around 8min long and the final is 20min + 2 laps. Keep in mind West coast (1st half of the season) will be in the early hours of Sunday mornings so stay away from Social media if you follow SX to avoid spoiler alert.

Also try offroadvideos.org
They have all the Qualifiers, heats and main events. They upload as the event is done. Also they don't spoil...

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
Also looks like a good season ahead. Rookie Adam Cianciarulo looks a good bet on the Kawa. Almost won both races. Barcia and Cianciarulo had proper scary moments in the main.
Also Austin Forkner in the 250's on the Kawa looks good.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Also looks like a good season ahead. Rookie Adam Cianciarulo looks a good bet on the Kawa. Almost won both races. Barcia and Cianciarulo had proper scary moments in the main.
Also Austin Forkner in the 250's on the Kawa looks good.
Brayton seriously suprised me and it seems like a carbon copy of last year.

Tomac not getting outthe gates early enough
Anderson also not the best at starts and then having to charge through the field making some mistakes along the way.
And it feels like Roczen could've been on the steps but his lap times faded way more thatn the other top 6 when the track got ruttedAF.

But if ypu look at the top 12 its really difficult to predict a podium.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Where do I get them?

Also looking for an ally top box if someone has one laying around.

Swazi Phil

Forum Member
Reaction score

Thank you