2t vs 4t @ The Roof Qualifier / Best Bike For The Actual Roof

Road2Dirt

Forum Member
Reaction score
I am certainly no Roof rider!!!!! Thought that the 350 might be better for me as gear selection (read as lazy) wouldn't be as important on the 350, which could out-way he extra few Kg's?

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Contradiction. And grow a pair. A 4 stroke sounds feckin awesome.

The main advantage on a 4 stroke is grip and torque and a linear power curve. And they are getting a hell of a lot lighter too, gone are the days of valve problems, starting problems, boiling bikes, heavy stalling pieces of shit.

Get with the times, it will make you a better rider.
Grip, torque and linear power curve all easily accessible with a 250 2T. If that means I stay a weekend wobbler, so be it.

Strangely enough a mate of mine went from a 300 KTM to a new WR250F (remapped, FX pipe etc.). On the KTM none of my riding group could keep up with him, no matter the terrain. One year on and we can just about keep pace with him on the WR. He is no mug rider either, finished 18th in the Bronze class at the Roof last year. Yes, we have improved, but the WR has stunted his riding in my opinion. Dave also said the benefit of the 4T is less flipping. Based on what has happened with Brad's switch to the WR I disagree. He's flipped that bike more times than I can count. He never flipped the 300.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that explains his stunted riding and growth. BULL has been raving about Yamaha's for ever and he's the height of a fucking toad.

LIVE2RIDE

Forum Member
Reaction score
It is because I'm a banter that I am lean enough to ride a 2T, I am not forced to ride a bike designed with podges in mind. And if you think about it, the banting thread was full of banter......
One day, one day, you too will see the light and eat your words like I am doing..........

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
Well that explains his stunted riding and growth. BULL has been raving about Yamaha's for ever and he's the height of a fucking toad.
The only reason you would be taller than BULL is if you were standing on the top step of a podium, but you ride a 350f, so that is very likely :icon_twisted:

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
It is because I'm a banter that I am lean enough to ride a 2T, I am not forced to ride a bike designed with podges in mind. And if you think about it, the banting thread was full of banter......
Banters eat yer heart out!!
I lost 6kg(10% body mass) last week(well actually only 6 days) on a diet of highly processed very heavy with carbs freeze dried meals, tinned spagetti and meatballs(highly processed and lots of carbs), sweets(m&m's, twix, chomps, mars bars,smarties and top deck) biscuits, nougat and peanuts and raisons, whislt drinking a lot of coke and water along side rehydrate. Oh ya and we covered 500km on foot, mtb and kayak so endurance was not affected either. Funny the top teams diets were similar as well...

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
DD knows exactly what i am talking about bud... i was agreeing with him
those voodoo EFI units are never to be trusted...

rather than read an article on how it works and just clean it at regular interval, spend countless hours jetting the bike, only to travel and have it all go out the window again. Atleast when my jets are clogged or my float bowl jammed I can fix it, those efi units never break so I can't fix them. And atleast when you ride and someone rocks up on a 2006 KX250 you know you get a smoke break every 30mins while he changes plug but its better that way than to actually have to spend 15 mins adjusting valve clearances every 6 months.
technology can never ever ever be trusted, hell bring back drum breaks and twin shocks...

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Jokes aside. I bought a YZ250 2T last year October. Fully kitted, weighted flywheel, gearbox etc. I advertised my Berg (2013 80 hours) but short of giving it away there was no real interest, so I ended up keeping it. As a result Ruben uses my 300 more often at De Wildt than his 125. We now and again swop bikes and I can honestly say I enjoy both tremendously. The 300 is more comfortable,has a happy button and loves to lug at very low revs when called upon to do so. The YZ handles and especially turns much better. If I could only have one? The YZ.

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
Jokes aside. I bought a YZ250 2T last year October. Fully kitted, weighted flywheel, gearbox etc. I advertised my Berg (2013 80 hours) but short of giving it away there was no real interest, so I ended up keeping it. As a result Ruben uses my 300 more often at De Wildt than his 125. We now and again swop bikes and I can honestly say I enjoy both tremendously. The 300 is more comfortable,has a happy button and loves to lug at very low revs when called upon to do so. The YZ handles and especially turns much better. If I could only have one? The YZ.

Milla

Forum Member
Reaction score
BigMike Check your watsapp. Theres a video you must post how shit a 4t is up that last muddy gully at the qually..