Alpinestar boots

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Spares availability on this brand?
Hi Oz
We can do Dominators for 5k .They great boots,I ve had mine for two years no prob.Spares and support are not a problem.Soles are half the price of Gaernes and as you know we fix boots.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
R1200 to fit soles that you have to supply!
Then we are back to the cost to just buy new again!!:33:

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Oz
We can do Dominators for 5k .They great boots,I ve had mine for two years no prob.Spares and support are not a problem.Soles are half the price of Gaernes and as you know we fix boots.
So are you guys the distributors? Will go check them out on the net.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
We saw it again in Lesotho this weekend. Chop would be minus one foot now if he was wearing cheap boots

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
We saw it again in Lesotho this weekend. Chop would be minus one foot now if he was wearing cheap boots
Absolutely no way you can prove that and visa versa, had the person had cheap boots and screwed his foot up also no way to say had he had expensive boots on it would have been fine. There are just way too many variables.

I refer to Clint again, brand new SG12's and a nicely mangled foot at low speed. But I guess the naysayers will say if he had R5k boots on it would have been worse, with absolutely no way to back it up.

I will agree that really entry level boots give less protection. But once its a hinged boot with certain other factors built in the protection is probably the same and in some cases maybe even better. It would be great if we all rocked SG12's or Tech 10's. But it doesnt mean most expensive is the best.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
When you have a fcuked ankle and can't work for a while, that R5k mental block will go away
Also, why would I not be able to work with a hurt ankle? Ive had worse. Wrote off a gsxr1000 sunday early morning hours. Lost most of my skin on my back, hands and arm, it was kak deep. I was at work on Monday :icon_rolleyes::icon_lol:

Come now guys you cannot now honestly want to say everyone MUST have 12k boots?????:261:

Where do you draw the line between kak and good.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
your riding experience with 10k boots is a million times better, they protect you better but are lighter and allow a better feel of the controls, put an entry level boot on one foot and a top end boot on the other and go ride.

It is the same as a army boot vs a salomon hiking boot, both will be fine for a 200km hike, but after the hike I will bet you would choose the salomon hiking boots over the army boots every time.

Also the protection is better with built in braces that allow for flexibility and support, a cheap boot can't just add material to make it supportive otherwise it will have 0 flexibility and you would never be comfy or even feel a lever, so the ankle brace designs allow them to build in some super solid support and allow for flexibility and comfort.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Also look at TCX, good value for money but the soles are soft as sh!t and they will squeek for days, if you get hold of the soles most good shoe repair places can make a plan to resole boots, add a few short self tapping screws around the back with some pratley's of gorilla glue and you goot to go for a while

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
your riding experience with 10k boots is a million times better, they protect you better but are lighter and allow a better feel of the controls, put an entry level boot on one foot and a top end boot on the other and go ride.

It is the same as a army boot vs a salomon hiking boot, both will be fine for a 200km hike, but after the hike I will bet you would choose the salomon hiking boots over the army boots every time.

Also the protection is better with built in braces that allow for flexibility and support, a cheap boot can't just add material to make it supportive otherwise it will have 0 flexibility and you would never be comfy or even feel a lever, so the ankle brace designs allow them to build in some super solid support and allow for flexibility and comfort.
The salomon shoes dont work for me at all, Saucony all the way:icon_lol:

I hear what you are saying. But we are not talking fly boots vs tech 10's. We are talking forma dominators, or tech 5s vs 10's. The only difference I can see researching the products is price and status it gives you walking around the pits.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Also look at TCX, good value for money but the soles are soft as sh!t and they will squeek for days, if you get hold of the soles most good shoe repair places can make a plan to resole boots, add a few short self tapping screws around the back with some pratley's of gorilla glue and you goot to go for a while
Must say, I have never re soled and dont think I ever will. When the sole is done someone else can go through that and I will get new or bargain barely useds

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no way you can prove that and visa versa, had the person had cheap boots and screwed his foot up also no way to say had he had expensive boots on it would have been fine. There are just way too many variables.

I refer to Clint again, brand new SG12's and a nicely mangled foot at low speed. But I guess the naysayers will say if he had R5k boots on it would have been worse, with absolutely no way to back it up.

I will agree that really entry level boots give less protection. But once its a hinged boot with certain other factors built in the protection is probably the same and in some cases maybe even better. It would be great if we all rocked SG12's or Tech 10's. But it doesnt mean most expensive is the best.
Most of us talk of past experiences and I can tell you that all of the foot injuries I personally have seen over the years was when lower priced boots were worn. (Use it, don't use it...)

When my son was 13y old, he fell over in a riverbed at De-Wildt standing still on his YZ250f. (Lost his footing between rocks) I thought nothing of it, even though the boy was complaining the rest of the ride, just to find out afterwards that he broke 4 x toes in is upper foot! He was wearing Diadora boots, needless to say I then moved him to proper boots with a proper hinge system.

The biggest reason for the hinge system in opinion is that the manufacturer can now make the boot more rigid without compromising comfort and movement.
I am not saying go and buy SG12's, but at least look at a R5K range boot that has a proper hinge system, you will thank us later...

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Most of us talk of past experiences and I can tell you that all of the foot injuries I personally have seen over the years was when lower priced boots were worn. (Use it, don't use it...)

When my son was 13y old, he fell over in a riverbed at De-Wildt standing still on his YZ250f. (Lost his footing between rocks) I thought nothing of it, even though the boy was complaining the rest of the ride, just to find out afterwards that he broke 4 x toes in is upper foot! He was wearing Diadora boots, needless to say I then moved him to proper boots with a proper hinge system.

The biggest reason for the hinge system in opinion is that the manufacturer can now make the boot more rigid without compromising comfort and movement.
I am not saying go and buy SG12's, but at least look at a R5K range boot that has a proper hinge system, you will thank us later...
Thats my point, doesnt have to be the absolute cream of the crop most expensive boot money can buy. Im quite keen on those formas, they look proper for 5k. Cant see anything else in that price range thats hinged. Even th etech 5s at R5300 dont seem to be hinged.