Alpinestar boots

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I tried on another pair of SG10's today.

I had my normal socks on, but I also don't ride with Thor super thick extra winter socks.

I wear a 9 boot, 43 Euro size. My toes were quite close to the front and the seemed quite "snug". The ankle area felt quite tight. I'm guessing this moulds to your ankle after a few rides. I did like the security it gave me with the tight ankle.
I tried on a 10/ 44 and the toe box was very loose. They felt too big. I guess a 9.5 would be perfect.

So after all that, do they normally feel a bit tighter than normal and loosen up slightly?

My previous Sidi's Crossfires and Tech 7's needed no settling in. The Sidi's did last much longer than the Tech 7's.

I'm due new boots and am going to make the tech 7's last until May. I'm not against trying the other brands like forma ect, but I need to be able to fit them on in CT

Bud500

Forum Member
Reaction score
So after all that, do they normally feel a bit tighter than normal and loosen up slightly?
I don't think they loosen up much. Too much plastic keeping the boots in shape. It took me a long time to get used to the stiffness of my SG10's. That said, I was used to Dual Sport/Adventure boots.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I tried on another pair of SG10's today.

I had my normal socks on, but I also don't ride with Thor super thick extra winter socks.

I wear a 9 boot, 43 Euro size. My toes were quite close to the front and the seemed quite "snug". The ankle area felt quite tight. I'm guessing this moulds to your ankle after a few rides. I did like the security it gave me with the tight ankle.
I tried on a 10/ 44 and the toe box was very loose. They felt too big. I guess a 9.5 would be perfect.

My previous Sidi's Crossfires and Tech 7's needed no settling in. The Sidi's did last much longer than the Tech 7's.

I'm due new boots and am going to make the tech 7's last until May. I'm not against trying the other brands like forma ect, but I need to be able to fit them on in CT
My current boots are Gaerne Reacts, all my boots before have settled in a bit and stretched out. The reacts were on special andfelt super comfy at the shop. But seems they somehow tightened up a bit, fk knows how.

My previous boots were SG10's. With the amount of paddling Im doing riding two wheels now seems to mean I must go bigger rather or bare the brunt of knocking my toes the whole time. I wear normal socks, not the thick types.

Half Bac

Forum Member
Reaction score
ozosborne, drop me a pm. I will do a proper deal for you on Acerbis X-Rock's in lieu of an objective, no holds barred ride report on them right here on Moto101!

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
they lekker boots Oz take the deal you wont be sorry , i am very happy with mine

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
they lekker boots Oz take the deal you wont be sorry , i am very happy with mine
After checking them out, must say they look sweet and have some decent features!! Also spare parts are available locally from them:thumbs up: