Am I Making A Mistake

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Speaking of 4T
Had a look at a KTM 250 4T this weekend. I had a look and it doesn't come with a kickstart. :icon_eek:

How is this viewed? If you are in the middle of nowhere or in a spot where you cant bump the bike?
You can get one fitted. Would be ticked on my options list if I was buying a bike without one

Ren

Forum Member
Reaction score
You can get one fitted. Would be ticked on my options list if I was buying a bike without one
Definitely
But had a look online and it appears that there is only a kit for a 350 and not a 250.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Definitely
But had a look online and it appears that there is only a kit for a 350 and not a 250.
250 and 350 share the same motor architecture. I'm pretty sure that kit will work on both

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never heard of kak with a 4T starter and I never ever kicked my 350. Replace battery every 2 years and you are good to go.

Ren

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of kak with a 4T starter and I never ever kicked my 350. Replace battery every 2 years and you are good to go.
Thanks Mark.
Just worried about getting stuck with it.

Super_mil

Forum Member
Reaction score
Had to help pull a 250 xc-f out of a fairly tricky spot at the Timberland enduro this weekend after the battery died (or was drained) and the bike did not have a kick start. Not ideal and given the position (no chance to bump start), not much option other than borrowing a battery from another rider.

I've never had an issue with the battery or the happy button on my 250f but I'd be reluctant to remove the kick start!

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Had to help pull a 250 xc-f out of a fairly tricky spot at the Timberland enduro this weekend after the battery died (or was drained) and the bike did not have a kick start. Not ideal and given the position (no chance to bump start), not much option other than borrowing a battery from another rider.

I've never had an issue with the battery or the happy button on my 250f but I'd be reluctant to remove the kick start!
that is when you need to learn this skill: