Anyone know their way around Maraisberg?

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
Howzit guys

I've been spoilt with many places to ride an ADV bike but not nearly as many places for plastic bikes. My mate hasn't ridden in years but just got a bike again, I'm getting better at tech but have a long way to go.

If anyone is planning on riding at Maraisberg soon, and knows the lay of the land, please let me know as we would love to join. This is one place we don't want to wing it.

Last edited:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
If it must be Maraisburg, not too sure. If you want to travel the extra 30 mins and would like to ride Heidelberg - there are may people to assist you and you can have a jol and a few beers and braai afterwards

Ash_

Forum Member
Reaction score
Follow ASAP Racing on FB, Bruce has been riding there a bit and has offered to take guys with for a ride

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
Could go to either just thought Maraisburg would be a lekker into to sand for my mate.
I googled the Heidelberg ride and saw some nasty rock climbs, are there any easier routes there? Weekend warrior appropriate

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of many people riding Maraisburg lately, lots of low cost housing went up and its pretty damn smelly there. The big dunes out the back towards Dobsonville will still be there but the Main Reef Road side will be all but gone these days.

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
Have chatted to some more guys and getting mixed reviews about Maraisburg.

That being said, what is the Heidelberg ride like? Saw some videos of it guys riding up a river. Is it very technical or are there ways around it?

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Heidelberg has a lot of riding - from mild to wild. You can decide how technical you want to do, and then take it from there

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
Heidelberg has a lot of riding - from mild to wild. You can decide how technical you want to do, and then take it from there
Sounds good. Will ask around here soon when we settled into the swing of things and see if anyone is keen to take us for a rip