Australian bike sales Jan-Jun 2020

Half Bac

Forum Member
Reaction score
A very, very different picture to S.A., but a very interesting read nonetheless.

If the S.A. market can achieve even 50% of these numbers, we (as in S.A. as a whole) will be BOOMING!!!!

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the sport growing in a strong economy.

Is the Aussie dirtbike market the same size as it is here?
I reckon its probably 4 or 5 times bigger in terms of the pool of people who actively ride, buy and engage with dirtbikes in all disciplines.

Their "light dual-sport" market is probably bigger than our whole dirtbike market put together :icon_lol:

Slim pickings in comparison!

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Saw that Transmoto is still having their 6hour event this year. Regs are strict AF.

No pit crew, not even nanna or you girlfriend. Riders Only and event including organizing crew to a maximum of 500 people in total.

Half Bac

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the sport growing in a strong economy.

Is the Aussie dirtbike market the same size as it is here?
I reckon its probably 4 or 5 times bigger in terms of the pool of people who actively ride, buy and engage with dirtbikes in all disciplines.

Their "light dual-sport" market is probably bigger than our whole dirtbike market put together :icon_lol:

Slim pickings in comparison!
Their market is seven times larger than the S.A. market

Last edited:

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see that comparison to the central African Motorcycle taxi/delivery numbers. I from what I read Nigeria's Honda motorcycle plant can build 125k bikes a year, all 100-150cc.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
They have still sold forkall TT700 Tenere models here in SA yet, if that's what you fishing for - they still waiting for them since last September ;)
Nope I’m well aware the T7 is not here yet but will be soon. I’m keen to see how bikes sales have been over the last 6 months.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nope I’m well aware the T7 is not here yet but will be soon. I’m keen to see how bikes sales have been over the last 6 months.
having had a look at one here next to an africa twin and the ktm790 it really does look like a great bike. makes the africa twin look like bus and well the 790 may be very capable, there was obviously zero budget given to the style and looks department

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
having had a look at one here next to an africa twin and the ktm790 it really does look like a great bike. makes the africa twin look like bus and well the 790 may be very capable, there was obviously zero budget given to the style and looks department
That's a your opinion and you entitled to it. Just don't express it here please! :icon_lol:

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Swazi you st became my and Bull's new best friend