Beta and GG 2 smoke fuel range

LoopSoosStroop

Forum Member
Reaction score
Seems like most Katoom 2 smokes have about 11 liters stock, and Beta and GG about 8 liters, which maybe contributes to the lower seat heights in those brands.

What's the range like on these bikes?

Going to a smoker from a 4T the range reduction already kills me. Really the only bad thing about 2strokes. 8 liters is not going to get you very far in Lesotho without a support vehicle offloading fuel somewhere.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
The KTMs and Husabergs get around 10km/l. The Gas Gas and Beta should be around the same, so range can be calculated from the size of the tank. The Beta and Gas Gas have a 9.5 litre tank, so +/- 95km. YMMV

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
thebob said:
The KTMs and Husabergs get around 10km/l. The Gas Gas and Beta should be around the same, so range can be calculated from the size of the tank. The Beta and Gas Gas have a 9.5 litre tank, so +/- 95km. YMMV
that is about right

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
The GG's and Beta's usually fark out before they run out of arab piss. So I wouldn't be overly concerned about tank capacity, if you own one of these bikes you have bigger fish to fry....

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
BULL said:
The GG's and Beta's usually fark out before they run out of arab piss. So I wouldn't be overly concerned about tank capacity, if you own one of these bikes you have bigger fish to fry....
dude.... you are on fire today

RockGarden

Forum Member
Reaction score
As with all other brands, long range fuel tanks are available for these bikes.
But as is we've never had any range issues in Lesotho with the standard tanks.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
RockGarden said:

As I was saying.

RockGarden

Forum Member
Reaction score
BULL said:
RockGarden said:

As I was saying.
And all of our bikes make it back too. Well, apart from Scary last year, but that's a whole different story!

Bull, you really should be a politician. You have a gift of being able to sprout shit and believe in it completely :lol:
Bull for president!! It couldn't be any worse...

LoopSoosStroop

Forum Member
Reaction score
BULL said:
I think I'll buy a GG or Beta just to prove you wrong :mrgreen:

Sat on some Beta's at Cayenne today. Besides the seats that are made of reinforced concrete they look and feel darn nice.

The low parts prices and good availability on the GG's makes them attractive for me, I work on all my bikes myself anyway.

Chukudeer

Forum Member
Reaction score
Lemmings......ride a KTM, drive a Fortuner....blablablablabla get a life

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Astrid

Roosters Bizatch
Reaction score
Chukudeer said:
Lemmings......ride a KTM, drive a Fortuner....blablablablabla get a life

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
I quite like my Kaboom, Chukudeer :p And apparently she likes de Wildt if you don't have flat tyres. We'll see soon enough I guess.

LoopSoosStroop

Forum Member
Reaction score
BigMike said:
you will end up on a cone.... it is inevitable :lol:
2nd hand value on the low key brands are much better, so it's unlikely if I'm going to spend in the R30-R40k region. If lower than that maybe yes, just because the older cones are more available.

Same way I buy my cars, drive a 7year old Subaru Forester, crazy value for money.

Also, the seat height thing is attractive to a kortgat, I need all the help I can get.