Beta X trainer parts and re-sale

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Hi All,

I like the look of the new beta X, but wonder if there will be proper spares backup and a re sale market for it...
Watcha think?

louisvantonder

I r the winner!
Reaction score
I have a gas gas... And I have not been consumed by a deadly plague.. yet...

Why not ride what you want, instead of what you think would be the best when you perhaps don't want to ride it any more? You are getting something because you want it, not because you want to sell it (If not.. ignore these ramblings)

*Disclaimer: This rambling is based on the "re-sale" question.. I fully agree you would need to have parts, off course.

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Been burnt before bud.... The life of a lemming is financially predictable

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Resale will be in line with the Beta resale currently, that is pretty grim. That said I had a close look at one at Man and Machine. For us shorter folk it looks like a winner. One thing I would like to see on them is more mainstream suspension though, either WP, KYB or Showa. Reason being is all the overseas reviews indicate it is very soft out the box and needs special tools to work on

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Ya perhaps just get a 4t ktm, I'm not keen to sukkel

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
Rooster, dude you love the freeride, you love riding it, it suits you to the T. Why try go and reinvent the wheel. The xtrainer is almost 15kgs heavier.

you have tried the alternative "fuck ktm story" and got burnt. You ride your wife's bike whenever you can.

honestly I think you are being foolish even thinking of some thing else

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Rooster, as BigMac says, you love your wifes Freeride, ride a KTM, stop listening to BULL. Next thing you will be a Blue Bull supporter as well :icon_lol:

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Mike, I'm just itching for a new scooter. Astrid's riding is coming along nicely and we can't ride the freeride at the same time. But 15 kg's ffs!!!

That's rof

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
I think BULL is still sulking in his sake somewhere, his valued advice is notably absent!

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
thebob as much as I love it the brakes are shit and Its time for more power :). Perhaps a small bore ktm 4t methinks.... How you finding yours?

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
@thebob as much as I love it the brakes are shit and Its time for more power :). Perhaps a small bore ktm 4t methinks.... How you finding yours?
a 250 4T would be a good match. i am sure we can find you one to ride. you can also lower the ktm's quite a bit.

but seriously i get you are itching for another scooter buy a cone and stop stuffing around. :thumbs up:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
2003 KTM 250 EXC 2 STROKE FOR SALE - Vereeniging

or buy that, take the forks and brakes off it and frankenstein the freeride. Edwina loves her freeride with this setup
Yup, Mike's chick loves that setup. She should go work in Mattighoven as a design engineer, cause obviously the ones there don't know what's going on. Funny they employ such incompetent people :icon_twisted:

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
@thebob as much as I love it the brakes are shit and Its time for more power :). Perhaps a small bore ktm 4t methinks.... How you finding yours?
Loving the 250 smoker. It is just so much more manageable than the 300. My riding buddies say my riding has improved plenty since I moved to it. I also feel way more confident, so much so I have sold my low seat for the bike. You're welcome to take it for a spin next time we're at the same riding venue. One thing to note about the 4T KTM is that they are 10mm higher than the 2T bikes. KTM makes a kit that will lower an XC-W by 50mm, but only if you weigh less than 70kg, otherwise oom Hilton can help lower almost any bike (just not one with 4CS forks). I'd also look at a Honda 250X if I was you. They are seriously underrated bikes and weigh in at about the same as the other 250F bikes. They make good power, have plenty aftermarket support, have great Showa suspension and can be had for a lot less than a cone. I might take some flak for this, but it's true :icon_e_ugeek:

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
Loving the 250 smoker. It is just so much more manageable than the 300. My riding buddies say my riding has improved plenty since I moved to it. I also feel way more confident, so much so I have sold my low seat for the bike. You're welcome to take it for a spin next time we're at the same riding venue. One thing to note about the 4T KTM is that they are 10mm higher than the 2T bikes. KTM makes a kit that will lower an XC-W by 50mm, but only if you weigh less than 70kg, otherwise oom Hilton can help lower almost any bike (just not one with 4CS forks). I'd also look at a Honda 250X if I was you. They are seriously underrated bikes and weigh in at about the same as the other 250F bikes. They make good power, have plenty aftermarket support, have great Showa suspension and can be had for a lot less than a cone. I might take some flak for this, but it's true :icon_e_ugeek:

some very good advice there. very very good advice. the CRF250X is bullet proof ask @bushwacker he loved his honda's

only problem.... you are back to cable clutch :baby:

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
Yup, Mike's chick loves that setup. She should go work in Mattighoven as a design engineer, cause obviously the ones there don't know what's going on. Funny they employ such incompetent people :icon_twisted:
i see you are being your usual friendly self...

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Wonder if Wacker has sold that wr...I'm not welding 03 bits to the freeride, norrafok