Black Friday 20'

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you can get a far better watch from Garmin or Suunto for that amount.
Correct. You can also get a similar quality+function watch from Huawei for less than half that amount (actually voted to have a superior OLED screen).

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Correct. You can also get a similar quality+function watch from Huawei for less than half that amount (actually voted to have a superior OLED screen).
I would not be buying any Huawei at the moment!

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Okay. Good to know. What will you be buying at the moment?
Garmin just bought a company called FirstBeat, they supply algorithms to these wearable fitness tracking devices and leverage the data in return to train these algorithms. There are a lot of really useful features like training load, training status, estimated V02 Max, recovery time estimation, stress level, heat and altitude acclimatization, training effects, all day stress and recovery.

These guys and a few others are working on algorithms to successfully warn you when you are getting sick or might have covid.
It may sound like gimics, but listening to your body sure is a bit easier, injuries and sickness are a little easier to avoid...

So find a product with these functions, I know Hauwei has some of them.

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice info @DangerDave (y)

I'm happy with all my Huawei (and Xiaomi) products. The differences on results between my Huawei watch and my Garmin watch are negligible.

Warren

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have had the Garmin Fenix 5x - excellent product but way overpriced, the previous Gen Apple - Expensive kak product too busy with all the apps and no battery life and fragile, Samsung - battery terrible and currently the Huawei Watch GT 2 - 95% of the Garmin features at less than half the price and 2 week battery life. And yes I have a Iphone and it works brilliantly with Discovery Vitality. No brainer lol IMHO

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had the Garmin Fenix 5x - excellent product but way overpriced, the previous Gen Apple - Expensive kak product too busy with all the apps and no battery life and fragile, Samsung - battery terrible and currently the Huawei Watch GT 2 - 95% of the Garmin features at less than half the price and 2 week battery life. And yes I have a Iphone and it works brilliantly with Discovery Vitality. No brainer lol IMHO
My experience as well - and it spies for China to boot. Brilliant piece of kit (y)