BMW commuters do not say thankyou

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
If bull joined for an adventure ride the plastics would be gone

Shawn

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have done the adventure riding thing, busy selling my bike, too many idiots in cars on the roads.

It is great to get out to places further away than you can go on a enduro bike, but dont kid yourself that you going to ride places that an enduro bike will go.
Most people think because its a "road" bike it can be maintained and serviced every 10 000km, which is definitely not the case if you going to ride dirt and ride rough trails.
Just getting to the air filter is a job on most of these bikes and it will need to be changed regularly, suspension takes a hammering and bolts need to be checked as well as other things rattling loose.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done the adventure riding thing, busy selling my bike, too many idiots in cars on the roads.

It is great to get out to places further away than you can go on a enduro bike, but dont kid yourself that you going to ride places that an enduro bike will go.
Most people think because its a "road" bike it can be maintained and serviced every 10 000km, which is definitely not the case if you going to ride dirt and ride rough trails.
Just getting to the air filter is a job on most of these bikes and it will need to be changed regularly, suspension takes a hammering and bolts need to be checked as well as other things rattling loose.
Hi Shawn, what bike do you have?

FHM_V

Forum Member
Reaction score
Well, whaddayaknow....:icon_eek: A bee em rider on a GS1200 nodded his head in thanks for the driver in front of me this morning.... :35::thumbs up: I couldn't help but think of this thread and laugh:icon_lol:

Shawn

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Shawn, what bike do you have?
Its a R1200 GS air cooled, my first adventure was a Triumph Tiger 800 but I prefer the BMW suspension and comfort, the Triumph with the WP forks was a big improvement over the one i had.

I am battling to sell the GS and im giving it away at R85k

Shawn

Forum Member
Reaction score
What year is the GS?
2011 with 37000 km , ABS, ESC, Heated grips model in excellent condition.

No one looks, just want to try bargain on the phone to get it for nothing.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Thats a bloody good price.

Advertise it here, and dont go into the add again. Someone might just see it for what its worth and pass on the details to someone serious.