** breaking news ** gold rider wins bronze qualifier

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
The heading says it all- Piss poor form if you ask me, and the soccer style celebration was even worse :icon_redface::icon_redface: -

On a much brighter side the entire event was fantastic from start to finish - Well done Extreme Off Road and LORA, I just hope you carry it forward to the big one... Well Done !!

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
I reckon there should be a rule for this. Once a rider moves up to gold or silver, they cannot move back down to a lower level. If they do, they are not timed nor classified as finishers.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I reckon there should be a rule for this. Once a rider moves up to gold or silver, they cannot move back down to a lower level. If they do, they are not timed nor classified as finishers.
I agree with certain sentiments , however what do you do when you become a master and there is no way you can then finish a silver or gold roof , do you then just not enter any more ? I dont know if there is a correct answer for this as one could argue that it your choice where you wish to race , but then be prepared for the backlash , but a person still able to race gold or silver should not be allowed to race gold , but its a difficult one I guess , where does one draw the line , a person should look at each of these instances on tis merits and why a person is going back to race Bronze

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
The heading says it all- Piss poor form if you ask me, and the soccer style celebration was even worse :icon_redface::icon_redface: -

On a much brighter side the entire event was fantastic from start to finish - Well done Extreme Off Road and LORA, I just hope you carry it forward to the big one... Well Done !!
Can you elaborate?

Flipped Out

Forum Member
Reaction score

The best was him ending his acceptance speech with: "Thanks for coming..."

Scully

Forum Member
Reaction score
If you think about it, maybe the oke wants to do silver and get a free entry. The rules say that 1st and 2nd place get free entry into the roof. The rules also state that the top 10 can bump up to silver if they want.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
If you think about it, maybe the oke wants to do silver and get a free entry. The rules say that the top 2 finishers get free entry into the roof. The rules also state that the top 10 can bump up to silver if they want.
yes bit surely the fine print will say free entry to bronze if you did bronze qualifier ? surely not free entry if you move up to silver ?

BlankieMan

Team ACTNET Rider
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think about it, maybe the oke wants to do silver and get a free entry. The rules say that 1st and 2nd place get free entry into the roof. The rules also state that the top 10 can bump up to silver if they want.

Doubt barwell is concerned about the free entry ....

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
I don't compete in the roof so my comment might be deemed insignificant. However, I would be very keen to know if any one who has expressed bitterness about this issue competed in the qualifier and, more important, thought that they could have taken that 1st place..... or even a top 20 for that matter?

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't compete in the roof so my comment might be deemed insignificant. However, I would be very keen to know if any one who has expressed bitterness about this issue competed in the qualifier and, more important, thought that they could have taken that 1st place..... or even a top 20 for that matter?
Very good point.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
I agree with certain sentiments , however what do you do when you become a master and there is no way you can then finish a silver or gold roof , do you then just not enter any more ? I dont know if there is a correct answer for this as one could argue that it your choice where you wish to race , but then be prepared for the backlash , but a person still able to race gold or silver should not be allowed to race gold , but its a difficult one I guess , where does one draw the line , a person should look at each of these instances on tis merits and why a person is going back to race Bronze
For sure Dean, issue needs to be thoroughly fleshed out.

BlankieMan

Team ACTNET Rider
Staff member
Reaction score
For sure Dean, issue needs to be thoroughly fleshed out.
I'm afraid I doubt there will be an answer for this.

It's the riders choice . They will just have to deal with the heckling I guess

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Who the hell cares, is BRONZE not all about having fun anyway?
Rides your bikes, enjoy yourselves and stress less about everyone else...

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
I'm not up for racing The Roof, but this kind of behaviour is also present in other series. My feeling is it should not be allowed. For example: Club riders at the EWXC finishing the race and going out to ride a third lap "for fun" are not club riders, they are silver riders

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Who the hell cares, is BRONZE not all about having fun anyway?
Rides your bikes, enjoy yourselves and stress less about everyone else...
no, bronze qaulifier is just an extra tough training ride remeber

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
from what I have heard plenty , but its not for me make a judgement

A

armpump

Finished bronze in 2010,silver 2011 and gold in 2012......... 5 years older can make a huge diff in fitness.

I see no issue in entering bronze again.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
My take....

Just because you have previously entered Gold does not mean you always have to. In Gold and Silver you need more than skill to compete at the sharp end, you need a shit house full of fitness. So you train your nuts off, do Gold and then the next year you don't feel like training as hard again, training at that level takes the fun out of riding. So what now? You can't race The Roof again?

There were only 20 minutes or so between the top 7 riders so are they all ringers?