Browsing bike prices

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
So been browsing prices on bikes recently, but prices vary so vastly its scary, so my question...

What should a low hour 2017 KTM 250/300 go for? Been seeing prices from R75k all the way to R100k, all for 2017 bikes with roughly the same hours on them

Paul-OSC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Should be around 75-85k.

Might sell my 2018 Ktm 300 soon. Carb. 19hours. Full house extras. 95k. If you are interested please send PM.

SCOTTYDOG

Forum Member
Reaction score
So been browsing prices on bikes recently, but prices vary so vastly its scary, so my question...

What should a low hour 2017 KTM 250/300 go for? Been seeing prices from R75k all the way to R100k, all for 2017 bikes with roughly the same hours on them
Most of the guy's have to settle for way lower prices end of the day...

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score

I reckon if you are approaching prices in the 90's it makes more sense to go new? With regards to warranty etc etc it's the smarter choice.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
As in rather finance?
Yes.

A bike with 60 hours on it is due a full suspension rebuild, sprockets and chain, top end, wheel bearings, etc... And that's if nothing else is wrong. Add up that cost and you are in the same ball park as buying new.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Yes.

A bike with 60 hours on it is due a full suspension rebuild, sprockets and chain, top end, wheel bearings, etc... And that's if nothing else is wrong. Add up that cost and you are in the same ball park as buying new.
Same goes for a 2014 that needs a full rebuild, gearbox work, new starter, battery, a few protection bits and other bits and bobs. Brings the dumbass buyer close to the price of a brand new one out the box:icon_lol:

MRGL

Forum Member
Reaction score
:icon_e_sad:

has anyone actually performed a major service at 80 hours, piston, bearings etc?

Aidan

Carb 101 - ask me!
Reaction score
I always do.. Never wait from something to go wrong... that's why it is called maintenance and not repair intervals. If you wait for something to go wrong, and correct me if this has never happened to you, but you generally find several other issues along the way that require your attention (thus changing a simple 5k job into a 10K job).

CDVDH

Forum Member
Reaction score

If you want to spend 100k on a secondhand bike. I'm thinking of selling my 2018 300 TPI with 14 very light hours on.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
If you want to spend 100k on a secondhand bike. I'm thinking of selling my 2018 300 TPI with 14 very light hours on.

This I have got to hear

One of 3 reasons

1. Got another kid on the way
2. TPI is kak and the lectron is better
3. You buying a Beta :icon_lol:

CDVDH

Forum Member
Reaction score
This I have got to hear

One of 3 reasons

1. Got another kid on the way
2. TPI is kak and the lectron is better
3. You buying a Beta :icon_lol:
Even if there was twins coming , it would not be reason to sell a bike. I have 2 kids and have not been a day without a bike in the past 12 years.

Nothing wrong with the tpi, for my riding style I just prefer a carb bike wit SC or lectron. But it's not that bad that I'll give it away.

Beta......NEVER

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Even if there was twins coming , it would not be reason to sell a bike. I have 2 kids and have not been a day without a bike in the past 12 years.

Nothing wrong with the tpi, for my riding style I just prefer a carb bike wit SC or lectron. But it's not that bad that I'll give it away.

Beta......NEVER

Point 1 and 3 was just a joke.

Just before the TPIs were launched I had to decide without test riding the new TPI if I am buying TPI or picking up a 2017 carb on special.
Went the Lectron route. So just glad to hear there are people who have tested the TPIs and Lectron/Smartcarb and prefer the carb.