Building the Ultimate Extreme Enduro Bike

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
As a side project If one wanted to build the ultimate Extreme Enduro bike for a 14 year old youngster who is a bit vertically challenged what do you guys think would work. I was thinking along the lines of a KTM 85 Big Wheel chassis with a CRF/ TTR 230 Motor. Remember it does not need to go over 60 KPH but needs to be able to ride up walls. Chassis will give a good ride and has relatively good suspension with an air cooled 4T motor should be a winner.

Just a fun project I"m looking into- Any suggestions :33: :33:

One thing it wont have is a decal kit that resembles that abortion i saw on a previous thread , even my dog skrikked himself :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Last edited:

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
As a side project If one wanted to build the ultimate Extreme Enduro bike for a 14 year old youngster who is a bit vertically challenged what do you guys think would work. I was thinking along the lines of a KTM 85 Big Wheel chassis with a CRF/ TTR 230 Motor. Remember it does not need to go over 60 KPH but needs to be able to ride up walls. Chassis will give a good ride and has relatively good suspension with an air cooled 4T motor should be a winner.

One thing it wont have is a decal kit that resembles that abortion i saw on a previous thread , even my dog skrikked himself :icon_lol::icon_lol:
FML, do you hate your dog? Why would you let it read the shit here!

YZ 125 frame too tall even with a professional 5cm drop (3cm internal + 2cm external) and a shaved seat?

Shawn

Forum Member
Reaction score
Look at a CRF 150 with CRF 230 motor as they share some parts.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score

Hahahaha that abortion should never be forgotten

Last edited:

3Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Why not dial in a KTM 85? I know Graham Hedgecock did great work to his son Tristan's bike.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Hate suggesting this, but why not go with something standard you just setup for him, like a 2T freeride or dropped 125 2T.

Feel like buying 2 bikes and all the parts needed for a build like suggested would cost way too much money and be worthless within a year or 2 when he moves to something bigger and better suited

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Hate suggesting this, but why not go with something standard you just setup for him, like a 2T freeride or dropped 125 2T.

Feel like buying 2 bikes and all the parts needed for a build like suggested would cost way too much money and be worthless within a year or 2 when he moves to something bigger and better suited
Unless you find someone else very keen on something similar. But the odds of that?

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
klx 140 / ttr 125 / crf150.
Cheezy built a very cool bike a few years ago, 230f motor , in a crf150R chassis with 18 an 21 wheels...

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
True.....😂😂

I did have a quick ride last Sunday and I’m riding again on the 14th🤩(the bike that is😛)

Buff

Forum Member
Reaction score
klx 140 / ttr 125 / crf150.
Cheezy built a very cool bike a few years ago, 230f motor , in a crf150R chassis with 18 an 21 wheels...
That would work very well. My wife had both and loved the suspension and size of the 150 but preferred the tractorbility (yes, I made up a new word) of the 230 and the happy button. That 150 was a bitch to kick when hot.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
to bring this back to life, I see there is a WR200 motor getting shoe horned into a late model YZ125 frame down on the south coast....

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
to bring this back to life, I see there is a WR200 motor getting shoe horned into a late model YZ125 frame down on the south coast....
What are all the differences between the frames? I am assuming weight is a big one? Anything else? geometry etc?

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile in the Borough.... 14 months later... Its not a real project unless it costs too much and takes too long.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Meanwhile in the Borough.... 14 months later... Its not a real project unless it costs too much and takes too long.

You and Kyle comparing notes?

All we need now is someone to pop a KDX motor in a YZ frame and there can be a separate class ath the WFO's

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
You and Kyle comparing notes?

All we need now is someone to pop a KDX motor in a YZ frame and there can be a separate class ath the WFO's
not really, the WR200 motor is bigger, so I would assume much more difficult.

This hasnt been very hard, I just havent had that much time to throw at it.