Colton Haaker Crash at Lagares

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Did any one see the crash CH had at the Lagares, Poor oke almost drowned, its on youtube but i have no idea how to post it. He went down a steep drop off and over the bars then headbutted a rock and was KO, problem he is pinned under the bike with his head under 1/2 a meter of water. If the spectators did not help him I'm sure he would have drowned. Scary shit :icon_e_surprised:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
He shat himself! Thankfully those spectators were close by!

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say but with the Extreme races getting more and more mental I pray I'm wrong but someone is surely going to get severely injured or even the unimaginable happen ( I would rather not even think about it), That oke is one lucky dude that there where spectators there, imagine it was on some isolated piece of the track. Wait for Romaniacs, they say it will be harder than last year - WTF, maybe thats why there are only 22 gold riders.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
He said on Instagram that his bike just suddenly died right before the drop-off

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thats not all he said, he doesnt want people sharing the video so that his friends or family dont have to see it... But yeah, he was very lucky this time round...

sithe

Forum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened ... I thought he lost traction just as he blipped it to hop off into the water ... makes sense if he says the engine died and that just sends the front down immediately

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Sorry to say but with the Extreme races getting more and more mental I pray I'm wrong but someone is surely going to get severely injured or even the unimaginable happen ( I would rather not even think about it), That oke is one lucky dude that there where spectators there, imagine it was on some isolated piece of the track. Wait for Romaniacs, they say it will be harder than last year - WTF, maybe thats why there are only 22 gold riders.
Most of those 22 are fully sponsored or a great rider as such. A lot of riders think they have no chance of winning GOLD so enter silver (138 riders) or BRONZE (271 riders)

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
You also want to wonder why he was going down there, the other riders are to the left and crossing on a wooden bridge, maybe he overshot the corner and thought he'll just drop in there :33:

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
You also want to wonder why he was going down there, the other riders are to the left and crossing on a wooden bridge, maybe he overshot the corner and thought he'll just drop in there :33:
from his post, seems like getting to the bridge was the issue:

People have said why didn’t he take the bridge? and people love to be the devils advocate behind a computer or phone screen. Obviously I believed in my ability to ride the section and as a trained professional made the decision to ride rather than walk the bike down to the bridge. It was a gamble but I was 100% committed to making it down safely.