'cortisone'

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
over last few weeks have heard numerous people getting 'cortisone' jabs to reduce swelling and sort injuries fast.
Can someone(preferably someone who knows a few things about medicine) please answer few questions.
Is it legal or does it fall under S9 on WADA list?
How long is it detectable if illegal?
And how does it work?(in layman's terms)

louisvantonder

I r the winner!
Reaction score
Cortisone is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Cortisone is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, or breathing disorders.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/cortisone

I think the fact that it is a "steroid" ... is probably a no no ?

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
over last few weeks have heard numerous people getting 'cortisone' jabs to reduce swelling and sort injuries fast.
Can someone(preferably someone who knows a few things about medicine) please answer few questions.
Is it legal or does it fall under S9 on WADA list? My doctor told me he went to a conference and the worries/thoughts about cortizone is a big misconception. It isn't a sports enhancing steroid, just a really strong anti inflammatory.
How long is it detectable if illegal? Not sure
And how does it work?(in layman's terms) - it fixes shit that is sore in record time :lol:

Crash Test Dummy

Forum Member
Reaction score
Google WADA and look for their list of banned substances; the use of cortisone is only prohibited during competition.

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Was on the shit for years for a chronic condition as a kid. Long term side effects include weight gain - not sure if it was fat or muscle, but I was a rather rotund kid.

Also, it turns you into a cock.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
Rooster said:
Was on the shit for years for a chronic condition as a kid. Long term side effects include weight gain - not sure if it was fat or muscle, but I was a rather rotund kid.

Thus the name "Rooster"? :lol: :D :p

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
DenDirtbiker said:
Rooster said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
ozosborne said:
DenDirtbiker said:
Rooster said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Onderbroek

Forum Member
Reaction score
I get cortisone injections about once every 3 months for allergies. (hayfever etc)

not sure if it helps me heal faster

raggyshark

Forum Member
Reaction score
Dude if you are coming to these bunch of guys for medical advice you must really be desperate.

As far as I know there are some heavy side effects to using it regularly ( Never used it so dont know them) but I reckon if used in conjucntion with rest ( not while continuing to exercise the way you go on) it probably is very effective

But then again I am an engineer so rather spend the R500 and see a GP me thinks.

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Rooster runs on Coke now, Nectar of the Gods I say!