Daily deals

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Are these hydration parks worth it? Never used one, just wondering how useful they are, compared to a water bottle in the backpack.
Excuse the ignorance, never done a enduro ride. Curious to know if the convenience is worth the money
Any ride without a hydration pack is asking for trouble, especially in summer

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Are these hydration parks worth it? Never used one, just wondering how useful they are, compared to a water bottle in the backpack.
Excuse the ignorance, never done a enduro ride. Curious to know if the convenience is worth the money
Its a must have

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
For sure, make sure it's a quality one and maintain it correctly.

Just keep mouthpiece clear of contamination. I ended up in hospital with serious dose of shits after getting some e-coli or whatever in my system. I suspect it was from crossing a shitty river and got some crap on it. Or, fill it with brannas, will kill 101% of all germs. DEAD.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Any ride without a hydration pack is asking for trouble, especially in summer
I am actually going to get a LifeStraw to keep in my bag, too often i run out of water and have to look longingly at a river while my body slowly shuts down with dehydration induced cramps. I have often wondered if it is not better to risk a dose of the shlits than to get too dehydrated. the Impi timetrial was one of those days, partly because i didn't fill my camelbak because it was "only" 20km of "flowing forest riding" LOL

http://www.lifestraw.com/products/lifestraw/

jaun.pierre

Forum Member
Reaction score
Lifestraw and a hyration backpack seems like a good combo - anyone selling those Lifestraws locally?
I'll start a thread on the hydration packs for some recommendations and features to look for. Looking at getting one very soon.

Black Friday is madness, would not want to be caught close to one of the big retailers. There was a video going around on Facebook of the crowd at Game, breaking the glass doors and squeezing through the entrance like cattle going for their last feeding. No thanks, I'd rather pay "normal" prices than put up with that shit

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
LIFESTRAW IS NORMALLY AVAILABLE ON TAKEALOT FOR ABOUT r300ISH NOT SURE IF IT'S ON SPECIAL TODAY LOL

Novice

Forum Member
Reaction score
Black Friday has killed takealot!
We normally average about 4,000 orders per day, today we hit 35,000 before 09h30. same industry as Take a lot. just bigger and apparently with better servers.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I am actually going to get a LifeStraw to keep in my bag, too often i run out of water and have to look longingly at a river while my body slowly shuts down with dehydration induced cramps. I have often wondered if it is not better to risk a dose of the shlits than to get too dehydrated. the Impi timetrial was one of those days, partly because i didn't fill my camelbak because it was "only" 20km of "flowing forest riding" LOL

http://www.lifestraw.com/products/lifestraw/
Or a bottle of purification drops. Fill your bladder from the stream, pop a few drops in and sorted. Ive done this a few times and havent gotten the shits yet.