Dakar 2019

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
No thread yet so here it is.

Difficult to predict a win with this years line up in the bikes, all the big guns are there and no injuries that I know of.

Only 1 ZAFer on a bike, Stuart Gregory who I've never heard of? Hope Ross Branch does well as in top 20, he deserves it.

What is more interesting is Kirsten Landman in 2020, probably good for a finish, she's tough... Even more interesting is now Taye Perry has jumped on the Dakar wagon and is planning it for the same year. Not sure of her credentials in off-road racing but I do know she's small. I wonder if she's ridden a Rallye bike in sand?

Anyway, good luck to all.

#TayeToDakar2020

SOUTH AFRICA'S TOP FEMALE OFFROAD RACER IS PREPARING FOR THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE, THE DAKAR.

Taye Perry at 27 yrs old, with numerous offroad titles to her name, hours and hours of desert racing experience, and a taste for roadbook navigation, Taye is ready to take on the race she's dreamed of since the very beginning, the Dakar.

Taye won't just fight to finish Dakar... she aims to be a serious competitor as well.

She lives for long distance, rally type and desert racing, and sees herself becoming a repeat entry.

...but she can't do it alone, so if you want to help go to www.tayeperry.com and get behind her so we can see her kick some serious butt out there 😬💪✊✊✊✊✊

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Is Kenny Gilbert not racing 2019?

And what about Sandy for 2020?

SCOTTYDOG

Forum Member
Reaction score
Saw a post last night..."Donate a 1000zar or more and have your name on Gilberts bike"

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
My money is on Taye to beat Kirsten at Dakar. She has specialized in the offroad/desert type races and can peddle a 450 pretty quickly. Check the helmet cam footage on her website.

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Taye will beat most men in SA, she's way quicker than Kirsten off road and as tough as nails!

Grant

Forum Member
Reaction score
Price with a sore wrist going into the race. Sunderland and Walkner did get lucky in terms of other top candidates dropping out in 17 and 18.

I agree Honda are ripe for a win. Serious talent in that team.