Dakar 2019

Toors

Forum Member
Reaction score
WTF is going on - not finding Price or Walkner anywhere after WP2?

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Branch in 12th- leading novice

Gilbert in 19th

Price still leading but by like 1min

Benavides got kakked out for cheating with a roadbook(oke just earned himself wanker status its all fun and games but in the end you are just f@cking yourself)

Sanz is in 11th

Nasser Al Attiyah has an hour lead in the cars, De Villiers doing a good job in supporting role in 8th

More info on the above please. How did he cheat? How did they find out and penalty?

fubar

Forum Member
Reaction score
More info on the above please. How did he cheat? How did they find out and penalty?
He stashed illegal road book on his bike and covered it with a black strap, then pulled the strap off to use it, and he was caught, he received a three hour penalty.

fubar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Leading Honda kakked, as did leading Yamaha. White KTM in with a good chance of first place.

Pom17

Reaction score
He stashed illegal road book on his bike and covered it with a black strap, then pulled the strap off to use it, and he was caught, he received a three hour penalty.
Thanks for the info. Also found an article talking about illegal notes that he had on him

But what is an illegal road book though. I thought they dont know the road ahead until they receive the roadbook the night before the stage start.
So what notes can they possibly make to help them?

Pom17

Reaction score
Sunderland was also accused of tampering with his tracking device. This made that his start was delayed and he did not have to start first while the organisers sorted it out. So many questions

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sunderland was also accused of tampering with his tracking device. This made that his start was delayed and he did not have to start first while the organisers sorted it out. So many questions
Yip. And no penalty for him. Apparently one of the pit crew for KTM took pictures of Benavides with some added notes. He apparently showed them the notes the previous stage and they let him carry on, no penalty then he suddenly got 3 hours added. I dunno...

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Sunderland was penalized for his iritrack device but the are fighting it because a fuse blew apparently.

Having illegal notes is just a d00s move IMO, that is no accident and is blatant.

KTM sure have got a hold on this race, with their guys chilling just off the podium waiting, waiting, waiting and then boom, swoop in hard late and sort it out 1,2,3 podium full thank you come again see you in 2020! I think their strategy and leadership in that team is something special.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Price got his mullet shaved, Laia got her hand kissed!

booth

toll
Reaction score
Sunderland was penalized for his iritrack device but the are fighting it because a fuse blew apparently.

Having illegal notes is just a d00s move IMO, that is no accident and is blatant.

KTM sure have got a hold on this race, with their guys chilling just off the podium waiting, waiting, waiting and then boom, swoop in hard late and sort it out 1,2,3 podium full thank you come again see you in 2020! I think their strategy and leadership in that team is something special.
DangerDave how did he benefit from illegal notes? Does it show waypoints etc, where does the advantage come from?

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Busy changing over phones and cleared my chats, but they have been circulating on Whatsapp.

Some geo genius on ADV rider plotted it on a map and took screenshots.