Dakar 2021

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Looking good so far for Branch.

Most interesting for me has been the Dakar classic class, looks like an epic event. I wouldn't mind bombing the Dakar route in a classic G320 or Pajero

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Looking good so far for Branch.

Most interesting for me has been the Dakar classic class, looks like an epic event. I wouldn't mind bombing the Dakar route in a classic G320 or Pajero
I really hope it goes smoothly for him, I think he paid his school fees last year

every year it makes me wonder how Grey Dick would have fared at Dakar if he had had the chance to go

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
IMG-20210115-WA0024.jpg
Very tight race this year but a Honda 1-2 must be very satisfying for them...

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
If Bang Bang wasnt such and Andy Honda could've had a full house on the podium today.

What an epic Dakar to follow, once again the race was won on the last day! Great job to the HRC team!

I feel so sorry for Toby, Cornejo and Ross.

Those 3 would've made one of the best Dakar Podiums ever!

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
If Bang Bang wasnt such and Andy Honda could've had a full house on the podium today.

What an epic Dakar to follow, once again the race was won on the last day! Great job to the HRC team!

I feel so sorry for Toby, Cornejo and Ross.

Those 3 would've made one of the best Dakar Podiums ever!
These special folk, that race this, on a modified 450 desert racer, I salute them. They are heroes to me.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Since 1979, 23 motorcycle riders have died at The Dakar
Since 1979, 137 have died at the Isle of Man TT
Both scary, but it's part of the game

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Cornejo should have made it a Honda 1,2,3 but it is racing and it takes 1 split second to throw it all away.

Positive for Branch at Yamaha though, feel like he did enough to warrant them sending him back next year to be really competitive.

Isle of Man is different, you can walk away from half of the crashes at dakar, but with the TT your chances of walking away from any little mistake is minimal.