De Wildt - 12 January

GrantMcD

Forum Member
Reaction score
Is anyone riding De Wildt this Saturday that wouldn’t mind letting my dad and I tag along?

We don’t know De Wildt, so we’re not keen to go by ourselves. We are unfit, intermediate riders:thumbs up:

Last edited:

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
We are going on Sunday. Clutches out at 6 at Morula. Hop skip and a jump down 3 fences, top up fuel at 3 fences shop then riverbed to Jericho. This ride will be fast and flowing. Welcome to join.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
We are going on Sunday. Clutches out at 6 at Morula. Hop skip and a jump down 3 fences, top up fuel at 3 fences shop then riverbed to Jericho. This ride will be fast and flowing. Welcome to join.
So you aren't riding :icon_twisted:

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
34deg tomorrow, you might want to set that alarm clock a few hours earlier.
Whether I leave early or a bit later, I'm still going to be out in the bush when the temp is at it's highest, so it actually makes no difference to me. And I've got to the point where I really don't care to wake up before the sparrows to go riding at venue an hour away - I'd rather wake up like a human and get there a bit later.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Whether I leave early or a bit later, I'm still going to be out in the bush when the temp is at it's highest, so it actually makes no difference to me. And I've got to the point where I really don't care to wake up before the sparrows to go riding at venue an hour away - I'd rather wake up like a human and get there a bit later.
You cannot drink all day if you don't start early. Same with riding.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
FYI, our modus-operandi for a Jericho hop is straight through 3-Fences shop to Jericho and then fill up at the Jericho BP on the way back. As awesome as Patrick's fuel services are in the middle of the bush at 3-fences Shop, fuel out the pump is waaaaaay cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Baaaaie jare terug maat!

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
FYI, our modus-operandi for a Jericho hop is straight through 3-Fences shop to Jericho and then fill up at the Jericho BP on the way back. As awesome as Patrick's fuel services are in the middle of the bush at 3-fences Shop, fuel out the pump is waaaaaay cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Baaaaie jare terug maat!
What's the going rate now for 2l at 3 fences?

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
What's the going rate now for 2l at 3 fences?
I actually couldn't tell you. My scoot doesn't need topping up unless I know I'm going to exceed 110km. Average De Wildt hop for me is around 100km. I haven't put fuel in at 3-Fences for ages, but I do know that there is a premium on the price for the service.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I actually couldn't tell you. My scoot doesn't need topping up unless I know I'm going to exceed 110km. Average De Wildt hop for me is around 100km. I haven't put fuel in at 3-Fences for ages, but I do know that there is a premium on the price for the service.
Premium on the price for convenience was never my concern but I always worried if it was diluted.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Premium on the price for convenience was never my concern but I always worried if it was diluted.
I have never had an issue and I am quite happy to contribute a few Rand to the rural economy. Even the “waiters” enjoy their Sinday tip.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Never diluted. Patrick couldn't afford the negative rep for a move like that. And the okes are all happy to pay a premium for fuel in the bush.

GrantMcD

Forum Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the offer Bull unfortunately though I can only make Saturday. I would definitely be keen for a ride like that another time though:thumbs up: