De Wildt

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
This appears to be happening more and more I’m afraid. Wire across a path last Saturday. A good friend of mine is fortunate that he never lost an eye or worse. His eyelid was penetrated. This happend next to the Tolwe river on a popular section. Effing c unts.

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
Steve will sort it out.
Fuck, this really pisses me off. I really don't want to be a prophet of doom and I always try to see the positive in situations, but until our politicians stop making the Witous out to be the enemy instead of taking responsibility for their own shortcomings, I'm afraid Steve will be farting against thunder. This year has already been a record emigration year from South Africa. Eksdom are up to their usual shenanigans (which we know is directly thanks to the Gupta's and Zuma's looting), VBS bank looting, SAA and SABC bleating for another bail out which they'll probably get, rampant bribery and corruption in every sector (we lost out on a R3,6m potential order because our price was too high, but the winning bid was R10m!? This was private sector), people being mugged en masse after a Global Citizen festival with SAPS nowhere to be found, now recently the NCOP adopting the report on land expropriation and and and.... This is why I ride, to forget about all the shit going on around me on a daily basis. People think I'm joking when I say that riding is my little bit of sanity in an insane world. It's the gospel truth.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Get a whole bunch guys to ride up dirt paths past a farmer in the Freestates house all weekend every weekend and see if you get a different result?

We need to realize, DW, Chimes etc are the last open riding spots, but someone does own that land and someone does live there(even if they squatting) and someone probably doesn't want you riding there.

GO support guys like Wild West, Rhino, Heidleberg 4x4, Wolwekloof etc. That is the future of riding especially in SA. We don't have the public lands like in the States and really with our overpopulation we will never be able to have it.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Get a whole bunch guys to ride up dirt paths past a farmer in the Freestates house all weekend every weekend and see if you get a different result?

We need to realize, DW, Chimes etc are the last open riding spots, but someone does own that land and someone does live there(even if they squatting) and someone probably doesn't want you riding there.

GO support guys like Wild West, Rhino, Heidleberg 4x4, Wolwekloof etc. That is the future of riding especially in SA. We don't have the public lands like in the States and really with our overpopulation we will never be able to have it.
Agreed, to a point. This is a two way street. I never understand how folk can blast through settlements at speed. Although a small % of riders are not blameless attempted murder can never be justified.

RyanI

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this Bull, we were planning to ride DW Saturday. I know De Willdt pretty well but dont know where that was. CAn someone perhaps show it on a map?
Would like to avoid that specific area

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Agreed, to a point. This is a two way street. I never understand how folk can blast through settlements at speed. Although a small % of riders are not blameless attempted murder can never be justified.
Very true... It is never justified but yes definitely a 2 way street.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Thanks for this Bull, we were planning to ride DW Saturday. I know De Willdt pretty well but dont know where that was. CAn someone perhaps show it on a map?
Would like to avoid that specific area
I hope I can explain accurate enough. After the twisties headed towards the (filthy) Tolwe river. You ride on a path with fences on the right. At the river you hit a right. On that corner. Kak is that they could be anywhere. Take care!

RyanI

Forum Member
Reaction score
BULL, apoligies for highjacking your thread, but wanted to ask about the route I have planned for tomorrow. Recently we have just been concentrating on rocks around Pigshed and Coconuts/Aloes etc so havnt done a 3 Fences/Shop ride in a very long time. But tomorrow we looking for a nice longish ride. So planned this:

From the okes that ride there regularly, does this route look ok?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

shark_za

Forum Member
Reaction score
Love the way everyone assumes this is malicious and the locals are pissed at riders.
This is not true.
The area is growing at a massive rate and people are marking their stands off so they themselves don't become victims of land expropriation. Go slowly around the settlements.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Love the way everyone assumes this is malicious and the locals are pissed at riders.
This is not true.
The area is growing at a massive rate and people are marking their stands off so they themselves don't become victims of land expropriation. Go slowly around the settlements.
Next to river, below the flood line, single wire? As malicious as fuck I'm afraid.

RyanI

Forum Member
Reaction score
Did the ride on Saturday and it was very lekker up to a point where I kakked myself. We rode resevoir, then through the river and 3 fences to the shop. Aftedr the shop, headed onto the sand road and turned off onto the twisties.

About a km into the twisties came accross a silver hilux DC with a guy doing something - couldnt tell what, but what made me kak myself was that he was wearing a gun in a holster. And how the hell he got the bakkie there on that single track puzzled me. He wasnt aggressive or confrontational at all but was very surprised. We rode off into the bush to stay well clear.