DeWildt and Morula

Wolfman

Reaction score
Has anyone done any recent DeWildt rides? Is it overgrown?

What is the latest as to Morula, the last news was that it had closed its doors.

Porkie

Forum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done any recent DeWildt rides? Is it overgrown?

What is the latest as to Morula, the last news was that it had closed its doors.
Why are you so woried about Morula? Do you want to gamble or ride?

Wacky Wicks

Forum Member
Reaction score
Rode from Morula last Saturday. No problems. Only 4 cars in car park

Place could do with a good sweep :)

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
The ride from the cop shop to the actual trails is monotonous, especially heading back after a ride.

gweedo

Forum Member
Reaction score
HI Guy's just a quick note regarding Marula sun Parking

I've been parking at both Marula and Police station for almost 20 years now.
Seen most of the boys grow up around us and always contributed to them for loading or not even loading my bike over the years.

Sadly to report as I have had items removed from my bakkie of late at Marula Sun.
Upon investigation many people have had the same problem and even lost GPS, tie down, sunglasses etc.

I have taken it up with Ben and crew at Marula in the first week of DEC as the previous sat my Usb stick , R200 and sunglasses went missing, the USB was a brand new one,as I had loaded music on the night before and listened too on my way to Marula that morning , when I drove out of marula sun the Usb was missing as My radio defaulted to the FM function.
In hind sight I should have stopped and queried it then but thought it possibly came loose in the cubie and would check when i get home. When home the reality was it was missing the R200 and my Oakley sunglasses as well.
Ben and crew said they had caught the guy called Steven with the dreadlocks and will return all my items taken .
Apparently this was the same guy chased away from the police station from stealing out of vehicles. Im not sure!
Again in Jan 2021 I was promised that my items which they named will be returned, Including a USB stick stolen out my cubie.
As I was avoided by Ben and crew this sat at Marula It was clear i was never getting anything back and they had just brushed off this issue.

I think its just fair I give every one a heads up to be careful and not to be so trusting regardless of how long you have known the guys helping you.
Personally as I told the Security manager at Marula, there is NO need for anyone to help load bikes as we man handle them all alone on mountains in de wildt anyway .
We are just giving charity to the guys that we have known for many years, But for me this stops now and I won't be assisting them financially anymore!
Many other riders in a few groups I ride with have agreed and they will also not be assisting going forward, some of these guys have even taken them with to the roof and races many times. No one wants this dishonesty among us.
I feel the trust has been broken and that the whole situation of avoiding me on sat says it all.

The place is starting to look better and there was even a Lunch truck making borrie rolls and chips on sat so things are looking up.
I will gladly pay for parking and for the Marula sun security to look after our vehicles.

This is my 2 cents and experience and everyone is welcome to do as they please, Just be warned and Don't complain later when it happens to you.

Cheers and be safe out there
Gweedo

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Pick your helpers and keep them. Tell all the others to get stuffed. Daniel and Koos are my lads.

theunodb

Forum Member
Reaction score
HI Guy's just a quick note regarding Marula sun Parking

I've been parking at both Marula and Police station for almost 20 years now.
Seen most of the boys grow up around us and always contributed to them for loading or not even loading my bike over the years.

Sadly to report as I have had items removed from my bakkie of late at Marula Sun.
Upon investigation many people have had the same problem and even lost GPS, tie down, sunglasses etc.

I have taken it up with Ben and crew at Marula in the first week of DEC as the previous sat my Usb stick , R200 and sunglasses went missing, the USB was a brand new one,as I had loaded music on the night before and listened too on my way to Marula that morning , when I drove out of marula sun the Usb was missing as My radio defaulted to the FM function.
In hind sight I should have stopped and queried it then but thought it possibly came loose in the cubie and would check when i get home. When home the reality was it was missing the R200 and my Oakley sunglasses as well.
Ben and crew said they had caught the guy called Steven with the dreadlocks and will return all my items taken .
Apparently this was the same guy chased away from the police station from stealing out of vehicles. Im not sure!
Again in Jan 2021 I was promised that my items which they named will be returned, Including a USB stick stolen out my cubie.
As I was avoided by Ben and crew this sat at Marula It was clear i was never getting anything back and they had just brushed off this issue.

I think its just fair I give every one a heads up to be careful and not to be so trusting regardless of how long you have known the guys helping you.
Personally as I told the Security manager at Marula, there is NO need for anyone to help load bikes as we man handle them all alone on mountains in de wildt anyway .
We are just giving charity to the guys that we have known for many years, But for me this stops now and I won't be assisting them financially anymore!
Many other riders in a few groups I ride with have agreed and they will also not be assisting going forward, some of these guys have even taken them with to the roof and races many times. No one wants this dishonesty among us.
I feel the trust has been broken and that the whole situation of avoiding me on sat says it all.

The place is starting to look better and there was even a Lunch truck making borrie rolls and chips on sat so things are looking up.
I will gladly pay for parking and for the Marula sun security to look after our vehicles.

This is my 2 cents and experience and everyone is welcome to do as they please, Just be warned and Don't complain later when it happens to you.

Cheers and be safe out there
Gweedo
Same thing happened to me this past Sunday at the cop shop. I locked up and as we were about to leave I forgot something in the bakkie, i must have forgotten to lock it when we left. Came back to find the door not closed properly, and had money missing from the glove box. Asked Steven, they swore no-one came near the vehicles. Definitely my own fault, but like you said, trust is broken

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me this past Sunday at the cop shop. I locked up and as we were about to leave I forgot something in the bakkie, i must have forgotten to lock it when we left. Came back to find the door not closed properly, and had money missing from the glove box. Asked Steven, they swore no-one came near the vehicles. Definitely my own fault, but like you said, trust is broken
That means the guys are actively going door to door on the vehicles to check if they can get in, no matter who is your chosen helpers are. This will not end well I think.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
TIA

This theme gets resurrected at least once a year. If you haven't yet come to terms with the culture of the country you live in, especially in the rurals, and are not applying the subsequent necessary diligence......... well then, sorrie for you.

KTM_Craig

Reaction score
Gents, reading through Gweedo's comments & experience at the Marula parking lot I can only echo his sentiments. For many years we have provided support financially to Ben & his crew unfortunately no longer, Trust has been broken. Agreed, applying the correct diligence to ensuring your belongings are secure is paramount to which end its best to ask that security remove the guys from the parking lot all together!

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Just ride somewhere else for goodness sake :ROFLMAO:
Why? I know you have your issues with the place. But you are less than 1% of Gauteng dirt bikers with that opinion. It is still, and will be for years to come, the finest and most diverse dirt bike playground in our hood. I take nothing away from Heidelberg, Titans or other venues. But none are as diverse and as big as what De Wildt offers.

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm just being a typical cunt @Tombstone;)
Don't listen to me... but that doesn't change my opinion though. Unfortunately my numerous negative experiences at DW forced me to stay far far away. Il do the Funduro no problem, and I agree regarding the variety and scale of riding, but that's not enough reason for me to just bear with the red flags.