Disastrous Wild West ride on Saturday 21 February

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
Nope, had my takkies on so I ran...... very fast and far away... to get my double walk hail gun. :bandit::hijacked:off

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Holy Crap two pages already , no hassle guys ,for me it"s easy I take your R80 and for that you get a nice cosy ride and we sought you out if you need help.By the way talking about snakes , I often see okes resting in the quarry ,not a good idea , there are plenty of snakes in that area of the track.

Wes

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice one guys. When I'm on a ride with mates there is no chance that I'll just duck and leave the oke in the mountains. I had a similar issue with a mate about 5 weeks ago at WW. Fortunately I know WW pretty well and we were at the top of Husaberg hill, so we took a short cut down to the blue loop and limped back to the parking lot from there. Very commendable Francois, nice to know that we can rely on you guys should the proverbial sh!t hit the fan.
No one left anyone in the mountains. Get all your facts before posting crap.

We waited at the bottom of the big mountain almost 30 minutes riding around trying to see where Karbools is asking riders if they did not see him?

We could not ride back up the trail as it was a very busy day. Karbools said to me he told some riders passing him to let us know what happened to him , but the message never got back to us.

We decided to finish the loop and do a nother one to look for him. found him and I gave him directions to get out quickly and easily.

Herminator

Forum Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap two pages already , no hassle guys ,for me it"s easy I take your R80 and for that you get a nice cosy ride and we sought you out if you need help.By the way talking about snakes , I often see okes resting in the quarry ,not a good idea , there are plenty of snakes in that area of the track.
Thats all the motivation I need to get out there as quickly as possible !

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
No one left anyone in the mountains. Get all your facts before posting crap.

We waited at the bottom of the big mountain almost 30 minutes riding around trying to see where Karbools is asking riders if they did not see him?

We could not ride back up the trail as it was a very busy day. Karbools said to me he told some riders passing him to let us know what happened to him , but the message never got back to us.

We decided to finish the loop and do a nother one to look for him. found him and I gave him directions to get out quickly and easily.
I never said that's what you did. When I said "Nice one guys" I meant it in a nice way, not derogatory. Glad to see you guys went out to catch him on the second lap. :)

Last edited:

Rooster

Astrids Bizatch
Reaction score
Well thats the last time Im stopping there!!

sithe

Forum Member
Reaction score
Someone should go up there an catch that snake and relocate him ... he will get run over by a bike one of these days

Crash Test Dummy

Forum Member
Reaction score
Someone should go up there an catch that snake and relocate him ... he will get run over by a bike one of these days
No need for a trek, the slithering snake was at the exit of the redloop. Probably doing vermin duty at the kitchen.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
You chaps obviously haven't seen the slithering Simon around the tables where we enjoy a few cold ones! :)

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Hey Numsch I remember ,I"m sure that was the same Simon we caught at the tree close to the shop last year ,two years after that incident . Dean 314 was there that day ,I"ve never seen an okes eyes go that big ha ha.

Karbools

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Wes and mates didn't duck. I saw them on their second lap (at the bottom of Mordor, where Wes showed me the way out of the place) and also at the pits for a beer. It was a busy day, I didn't expect for one minute they would be able to turn around. If you want to ride a dirtbike in remote places you have to always consider self rescue to be your first option anyway. I told two different guys who passed me to convey the message that I was fine to the guys who would conspicuously be waiting a way down the trail. Seems nobody did that. Those okes were the snake oil salesmen. ��

Karbools

Forum Member
Reaction score
I've managed to get the bike fixed!

Turns out the plugs for the oxygen sensor (I think) and throttle position sensor (I think) had some of that green electrical corrosion goo one them. Cleaned them all properly, fitted a new spark plug and the bike fired right up.

So there is no 100% clear diagnosis of the problem, and because many plugs and contacts were cleaned and the spark plug changed at the same time, I'll probably never know what the exact cause was.

Just glad that it was a cheap fix !

Chukudeer

Forum Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that you got it sorted, now get some saddle time in, we need to get you into DeWildt :35:

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
Karbools Good stuff, good to hear it was not a whack to fix. :icon_e_biggrin: Electrical cable connections can be a pain. Enduro World had an article in one of their mags advising people to remove one of the plugs under the tank and joining the cables permanently. I've done this mod and never had a charging issue since.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I've managed to get the bike fixed!

Turns out the plugs for the oxygen sensor (I think) and throttle position sensor (I think) had some of that green electrical corrosion goo one them. Cleaned them all properly, fitted a new spark plug and the bike fired right up.

So there is no 100% clear diagnosis of the problem, and because many plugs and contacts were cleaned and the spark plug changed at the same time, I'll probably never know what the exact cause was.

Just glad that it was a cheap fix !
this is why i asked if it was the fuel injection model . one of the youngsters last year had the same problem and they battled for ever to find the problem and it turned out it was the throttle sensor that was faulty , he would ride a few minutes and bile would die in the race , this continued to happen until with trial and error they picked up the problem