Disc protection 2017 Onwards

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Whare the current solutions that work in the real world?

Just go ally on both sides again or does the hyde actually fit properly these days? Hydes latest disc and axle lug protection seems well thought out in terms of ergonomics but I feer than anything fitted to the fork guard pushes them into the fork or tyre and they end up being chowed.

Suggestions and where to buy?

Thanks

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Polisport guard. Havent fitted yet... Looks a lot better vs Hyde...

1590565813247.png

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I bought one for a mate as a bday present. Apparently im the worlds kakkes friend. Lasted 2 rides

Adam, what else does Bikers stock?
1st prize for me would be the Acerbis one that Hyde copied for a while with EE for RHS axle lug.

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
Eish, thats not good to hear... Will give it a test, if its kak, ill return it... I have one of the old Hyde ones on my 17 now, it looks kak, have to take the whole thing off when you want to change the tyre, but it does protect well... Its been on since i got my bike, so the bottom of my forks look new... The new hyde design that allows you take off the wheel without taking off the guard seems good...

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Jip, but buying protek guards at 900zar is not lekker if your front wheel eats it due to the discguard putting pressure on it

pat218

Forum Member
Reaction score
I always preferred the hyde front disc guards, the 2017 ones seemed to have a good fitment.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I ended up buying the hyde and Protek guards.

Hyde fitment was easy and it doesn't bend the fork guards, new shape is well thought out as the shape does not catch anywhere.

1100 for both feet sorted.