Drying machine

George250

Forum Member
Reaction score
Finally I have built the boot / helmet dryer. Works like a charm.

Very nice, the only problem with the pvc pipe is it distorts and bend out of shape if you put the dryer on high... I now just use two hair dryers directly in my boots.

Ash_

Forum Member
Reaction score
This seems like a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist. Good idea but does leaving them outside for a day not achieve the same result?

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I leave my boots upside down on two traffic cones that I um....found.

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This seems like a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist. Good idea but does leaving them outside for a day not achieve the same result?
All depends, really. If you ride near the Natal Coast in summer, or Cape Town in winter (like FBE) it won't dry in a day or two.......

Will also be a nice luxury if you are on a tour and will be riding for two or tree days in a row. Looks like it will pack easily enough. Should be spirit lifting to put on hot and dry kit instead of soggy and cold.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
This definitely speeds it up hey, especially handy if you dont have multiple amounts of boots, helmets etc. Sucks putting on soggy boots or helmet for that matter on day 2, 3 etc.

- - - Updated - - -

All depends, really. If you ride near the Natal Coast in summer, or Cape Town in winter (like FBE) it won't dry in a day or two.......

Will also be a nice luxury if you are on a tour and will be riding for two or tree days in a row. Looks like it will pack easily enough. Should be spirit lifting to put on hot and dry kit instead of soggy and cold.
Take extra sets. That is the best spirit lifter on day 2. Putting on fresh smelling kit:thumbs up:

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This definitely speeds it up hey, especially handy if you dont have multiple amounts of boots, helmets etc. Sucks putting on soggy boots or helmet for that matter on day 2, 3 etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Take extra sets. That is the best spirit lifter on day 2. Putting on fresh smelling kit:thumbs up:

Contradict much?

Flat-Beat-Eric

Forum Member
Reaction score
Good point, this dryer is not on a high temp setting

Very nice, the only problem with the pvc pipe is it distorts and bend out of shape if you put the dryer on high... I now just use two hair dryers directly in my boots.
100%, plus boots that dry over a few days dont smell great

After the race big boy , afterwards , at home, you know where you normally wash kit.
besides that who the fuck is gonna take that contraption and a hair dryer to a race?

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
besides that who the fuck is gonna take that contraption and a hair dryer to a race?
It comes apart and nobody is talking about a race.

Dicey_Spade has build a very decent fishing light (or whatever light) out of some piping before. Fokken awesome.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Contradict much?
Either or option. I have a few helmets but not so on the boots. But this has made me wonder about getting a second set. Although Im not doing any multi stage things except man and machine this year. Last year my boots were soaked and ice cold the following morning, really sucked at first:icon_lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I would if I was doing something thats 2 or 3 days. Worth it if you ask me.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Good point, this dryer is not on a high temp setting

100%, plus boots that dry over a few days dont smell great

After the race big boy , afterwards , at home, you know where you normally wash kit.
I have heard its not a good idea to put them on warm as the glue starts letting go then. Plus 1 on the stink if they stay wet for 3 days.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
If you don't put the heat on, it will still dry them, just take a little longer :thumbs up: