eBay tips, please

Bargain_Hunter

I give Quaddies a bad name
Reaction score
Hi guys

Anyone here bought some car parts from eBay UK based Seller?

I need to bring over a few used car parts, bit worried about SARS / Customs bullshit.

Least painful process?

Cannot find locally. Fiesta TDCI injectors. FML. Long fekking story.

If you have a local contact, lemme know.

Cheers

Benj

LoopSoosStroop

Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been using Aramex Global Shopper for the last 6 months for overseas packages (eBay, Aliexpress, other websites). Very efficient, quick and affordable, especially for smaller packages.

Sign up is free and then you get forwarding addresses in most major countries. Have now shipped from USA, UK, China and Australia.

LoopSoosStroop

Forum Member
Reaction score
To explain the process a bit better:

1. Oder from eBay as per normal, but enter your forwarding address to the closest forwarding address.
2. Package arrives at forwarding address, Aramex sends you notification and your account is updated with new package.
3. Upload invoice or order details.
4. Aramex automatically debits your card for shipping and import tax and VAT. On low value small packages this can be as low as R199 (for the free account option, less if you upgrade).
5. Aramex delivers to your door in SA.

You can track the process online.

I've ordered stuff from China on eBay, shipped for free to USA forwarding address, and then shipped here for peanuts. All much quicker than ordering via standard shipping options that go via SAPO, sometimes 15-20 days for that loop. My main motivation is to prevent anything from getting into the black hole that is SAPO.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Anyone here bought some car parts from eBay UK based Seller?

I need to bring over a few used car parts, bit worried about SARS / Customs bullshit.

Least painful process?

Cannot find locally. Fiesta TDCI injectors. FML. Long fekking story.

If you have a local contact, lemme know.

Cheers

Benj
support local business
Are you blind?