Electric Start Yamaha 2 Stroke

George250

Forum Member
Reaction score
We rode and raced them for year George,,
I agree for hare-scramble type riding we can cope without a electric start but when you ride proper extreme unzumbi/impi/roof/hilton type terrain....an electric start is almost a must....especial in terms of energy.

My first bike was a 250 yz and the only reason I dont own a 2t Yamaha now is because of no electric start...its actually a pity that Yamaha havnt woken up yet and produced a complete enduro bike yet cause when they do it will change the market.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
I agree for hare-scramble type riding we can cope without a electric start but when you ride proper extreme unzumbi/impi/roof/hilton type terrain....an electric start is almost a must....especial in terms of energy.

My first bike was a 250 yz and the only reason I dont own a 2t Yamaha now is because of no electric start...its actually a pity that Yamaha havnt woken up yet and produced a complete enduro bike yet cause when they do it will change the market.
Agree x 100000000
Would love to own a Yamaha 2T. But find myself in situations where I physically cant kick start the bike way to often

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Can we ask what it costs when it finally lands here?
dont think there will be change out of 25k after vat here.
Pre orders were 980 USD, from launch they will be 1200USD, so 30k if you snooze

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Fuck that is a lot of money for a button
Might as well sort suspension on a modern euro bike with e-start then :icon_eek:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Wacker, 1200 USD is roughly R17500 today. I have a whole lot of dollars for sale if I can get 25:1 for them :33:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score

1984 Yamaha 250 YZ

2019 Yamaha 250 YZ

The only thing that's changed is the trees in the background have grown

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
1200 USD for the unit, 300 USD for the shipping + vat and duty here...
that seems pretty steep for shipping. Think i paid $150 shipping for a set of forks.

How different is this to the system shimwells (i think) developed for the roof a few years ago?

Rage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Howsit guys. Is there any news about this? Wacker how did it turn out?
they are here, Shimwells is the South African agent.which is good because they really back their products. They are expensive. They, in my opinion still need high hour testing. Which I know of one Yamaha rider that rider that racks up 200 hrs every two - three months(then gets a new bike). So we will get honest testing reviews soon.

Padbouer

Forum Member
Reaction score
they are here, Shimwells is the South African agent.which is good because they really back their products. They are expensive. They, in my opinion still need high hour testing. Which I know of one Yamaha rider that rider that racks up 200 hrs every two - three months(then gets a new bike). So we will get honest testing reviews soon.
Thanks Rage, appreciate it. Lets hope the system holds up well.