Enduro Fitness Training Program

Scuuben

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

First of all, I am sure that there are threads somewhere on the forum that will be dedicated to this topic but I can't seem to find them. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I am looking for a basic training program during the week to supplement my fitness levels for riding. I have been riding consistently just about every weekend since the beginning of the year but am only able to get out once a weekend unfortunately. I have entered for the June Impi (my first big event) and quickly realized that after the DW funduro that I am going to struggle with Impi bronze especially on the 2nd day.

I am looking for something that I can do from home (not a gym member and work long hours most days) whether its running (cardio) or interval & strength training (body weight) to help me out.

I will have to get stuck in to prepare for end of June... Yikes! :icon_eek:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Running will help a lot. Mix that up with body weight things like push ups, burpees, pull ups, planking etc etc. There are so many variations. Squats and lunges also help well, static squats with a weight or two in hand against a wall and help for as long as you can stand.

Throw in rowing and some forearm grip type exercises as well.

Paul-OSC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Contact Lood at Basefit, they have a home training program available that gets updated weekly. You wont regret it. * 0 7 2 343-2465‬

BlankieMan

Team ACTNET Rider
Reaction score
Running will help a lot. Mix that up with body weight things like push ups, burpees, pull ups, planking etc etc. There are so many variations. Squats and lunges also help well, static squats with a weight or two in hand against a wall and help for as long as you can stand.

Throw in rowing and some forearm grip type exercises as well.

Be careful, in many people this has created armpump issues

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
SKIPPING .......

Benefits Of Skipping Exercise
It is one of the best cardio and HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout.
Jumping rope is known to burn around 1300 calories/hour (now that’s high!). Thats an effective way to melt your fat, right?

Skipping exercise burns more calories in comparison to running. Besides, you need not go outdoors as skipping can be done at any place. What’s more? Bad weather can’t hamper your fitness routine.
It’s one of the most inexpensive forms of exercise as you can buy a skipping rope for less than Rs 100.
Skipping helps in muscle toning as it is a body weight exercise.
It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility. Most of the runners and other athletes jump rope for training.
It is one of the best exercises for endurance training and conditioning.

Skipping gives a full-body workout. It is especially great for toning and developing the thighs, shins, and calf muscles. Simultaneously, it also works on the abs and arms.
It engages and improves the hip-flexor muscles.
Studies show that skipping exercises put lesser pressure and are less shocking for the joints than running. It is a low-impact exercise when compared to running and therefore a better option.
Skipping enhances cardiovascular health as it improves the rate of heart beat. It is beneficial for blood pressure patients.

Skipping can be done by anybody and everybody, from beginners to the advanced levels.
It is also known to help in improving bone density.
All that the skipping exercise requires is a jumping rope, which can fit into your purse or handbags and is travel-friendly. So, you will never have to miss your workout. All you need is a rope and an open area to burn calories, and you are good to go.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
If you got time to train - you got time to ride :thumbs up:
Can train in an hour, cant load bike, head out the city, ride and be back in an hour. Most have to drive an hour just to get to a place to ride

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Be careful, in many people this has created armpump issues
Really? From the rowing or the forearm exercises? I found both help a lot, and thats back when I raced the quads, arm pump was an issue racing track, not so much on offroad, but it still helped. With two wheels I dont get any arm pump at all.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
SKIPPING .......

Benefits Of Skipping Exercise
It is one of the best cardio and HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout.
Jumping rope is known to burn around 1300 calories/hour (now that’s high!). Thats an effective way to melt your fat, right?

Skipping exercise burns more calories in comparison to running. Besides, you need not go outdoors as skipping can be done at any place. What’s more? Bad weather can’t hamper your fitness routine.
It’s one of the most inexpensive forms of exercise as you can buy a skipping rope for less than Rs 100.
Skipping helps in muscle toning as it is a body weight exercise.
It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility. Most of the runners and other athletes jump rope for training.
It is one of the best exercises for endurance training and conditioning.

Skipping gives a full-body workout. It is especially great for toning and developing the thighs, shins, and calf muscles. Simultaneously, it also works on the abs and arms.
It engages and improves the hip-flexor muscles.
Studies show that skipping exercises put lesser pressure and are less shocking for the joints than running. It is a low-impact exercise when compared to running and therefore a better option.
Skipping enhances cardiovascular health as it improves the rate of heart beat. It is beneficial for blood pressure patients.

Skipping can be done by anybody and everybody, from beginners to the advanced levels.
It is also known to help in improving bone density.
All that the skipping exercise requires is a jumping rope, which can fit into your purse or handbags and is travel-friendly. So, you will never have to miss your workout. All you need is a rope and an open area to burn calories, and you are good to go.
Skipping exercise:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I have to agree though. Skipping is great. The one particular advantage that skipping teaches your body and mind is to stay focused when in a low oxygen state. But to reap that benefit, you need to push your heart rate to a higher level close to maximum and then continue the skipping even though it feels like you cannot.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
You going to be riding a dirtbike, train on a dirtbike :thumbs up:
I agree somewhat, but cross training is definitely worth it and as mentioned, you can literally kill yourself in a 30 minute work out at home quickly. Going for a ride will take a lot longer than that.

Scuuben

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice thus far gents :icon_mrgreen: Skipping will start this evening and will build up cross training over the next 2 weeks too.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice thus far gents :icon_mrgreen: Skipping will start this evening and will build up cross training over the next 2 weeks too.
As long as its not Cross fit you will be ok. As discussed, moderate rowing can get your forearms up to speed but I experienced it 1st hand how overdoing it will leave you T-rexing one kak skoot when the going gets tough.

For now if you say you are not doing anything other than riding just try to do cardio for starters. And with the skipping kick it off slowly, literally no longer than 10min today or else your shins and calves will be so sore that you will only get to try again next week. Also stretch afterwards, its more importanter than people think.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
As long as its not Cross fit you will be ok. As discussed, moderate rowing can get your forearms up to speed but I experienced it 1st hand how overdoing it will leave you T-rexing one kak skoot when the going gets tough.

For now if you say you are not doing anything other than riding just try to do cardio for starters. And with the skipping kick it off slowly, literally no longer than 10min today or else your shins and calves will be so sore that you will only get to try again next week. Also stretch afterwards, its more importanter than people think.
+10000

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
Basefit training and Mountain Bike Cycling for the win! Nothing else needed...