Enduro Fitness Training Program

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I can only ride once or twice every second weekend due to work and being a single dad. My riding buddy and I are aspiring to ride the roof in a year or two and it it was apparent that while our fitness was improving, it wasn’t improving anywhere near fast enough.

So one weekend I couldn’t ride, I put on my running shoes and went for (God forbid!) a run. And to my surprise I actually enjoyed it. Since then I’ve built up my fitness through running to the point where I simply don’t get tired on the bike anymore. In fact it seems now like my riding skills are lagging way behind my fitness. It was quite the other way round about three months ago.

I use the Nike Run Club app and follow the training plan it set up for me. It includes body weight workouts in between the running which improve strength, mobility and fitness. The app takes all the guessing out of the equation and makes one keen to stick to the plan and keep on going. I am now trying to work in some cycling too but this takes many hours and I find it hard to fit into my schedule. But this is very good for enduro as it builds proper stamina over the many hours which you’d be on the bike during an enduro race. Plus old Jonny Walker himself said long distance (more than like 2hrs) cycling is one of the best form of cross training for enduro.

Anyways guys this is what has been working for me. Try it. [emoji16][emoji106]

Looking forward to seeing some of you at Snow & Rock in Lesotho this year?[emoji1306]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, sounds like you are on the right track!!:thumbs up:

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Most people can find 10 hours a week to train they just don't have the diligence to do so and each to their own priorities are different for all. But like Wacker says, you can have lance Armstrong's Vo2 max from his finest(doped up) years or in crossfit terms be the 'fittest man alive' but it will give you fuckall pace, all it will help is enable you to ride slow for a long long time you need to be riding often and learning pace. When I last climbed on my bike I had minimal pace and confidence but plenty of fitness, burnt nearly 2 tanks of fuel at Rhino park on the mx track without ever testing fitness but it was not pretty and was not fast.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Lack of time on the bike also burns energy way faster. Thats why you will see fat toppies go at it all day while some fit guys are puking next to the track. Fitness helps fuckal if you are riding like a retard.

But, we all have little time to ride our bikes, so yes. Supplementing that fitness with some gym/cardio training goes a long way.

allanthole

Reaction score
Obviously fitness means nothing if you’re not improving your riding at the same time. But if you have Jarvis skills it also means nothing if you’re dead in 30 mins coz you aren’t fit. It’s called cross training for a reason. Each training supplements the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score

So this was a 4h ride yesterday, not much training or cross training can prepare your body better for what riding requires, than riding...

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
You are burning calories like an obese mofo. your weight setup on that app?
tman, do you really believe those things are that accurate?
How come with all the fancy medical companies around, when you go to the doctor they still check blood pressure the old fashioned way

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe just search a meal-plan for 3500cal and have a look......something is not correct there IMO.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Maybe just search a meal-plan for 3500cal and have a look......something is not correct there IMO.
Motorcross and GNCC racing have beenrated as some of the mst physically demapnding sports in the world.

Below some charts of other sports...

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hear you and I agree, still........

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk