F#!%$ loose boot soles!

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Will try the Den Braven? stuff. Gorilla glue becomes too hard.

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Sikaflex end of story. Find the correct one for the job from a supplier.

Also a second hand pair of SG12 going. Sent you the pics, but never heard back :icon_e_confused:

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I usually put a fat blob of Wondafix on the front of the boot. Sometimes lasts 3 or 4 rides. Sometimes 1.

The normal Wondafix is white and looks like kom gom on a boot. The Wondafix Car, which is a bit more difficult to find is black and looks a bit better.

- - - Updated - - -

Sikaflex end of story. Find the correct one for the job from a supplier.

Also a second hand pair of SG12 going. Sent you the pics, but never heard back :icon_e_confused:
Tried Sikaflex, went straight back to Wondafix.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
Its the top sole that is stitched, that is fine. Its the undersole that sticks tot the stitched part that comes loose.
I have A-Stars and when I replaced my soles they came complete including the inner sole glued into place. I took them back 5 times to have the soles re-glued as they were coming off every ride. I have up with them and used Sickaflex 11- FC and they are holding well.

Mine are glued on and not stitched on so I'm not sure why they are coming apart. I had my SIDI soles replaced and they used Shift soles and stiched them on. They are still holding strong and the rest of the boot is finally dying so I'm still confused why you have a problem.

I think you must speak to Francoism at Wild West

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
What does it cost to re sole boots? Ima sking as I figure it cannot be cheap. So does it not make sense to get some new boots or if its a tight budget just search for some good second hands?

Or is re soling cheap?

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
What does it cost to re sole boots? Ima sking as I figure it cannot be cheap. So does it not make sense to get some new boots or if its a tight budget just search for some good second hands?

Or is re soling cheap?
Its around ~R450 for the resole? And got the soles about a year ago from a clearance at Full Throttle.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score

Or is re soling cheap?
between 1600 and 1900 depending on damage to the front of the boot , this includes the soles and toe caps . i have a pair of sg12 in for repairing soles and the front R1900 should have them in the week , they also repairing my one sg11 left boot as well new sole as its worn through , this pair has been resoled twice and lasts , boots themselves nearing their end sadly , wish gaerne would re introduce the sg11 and get rid of the sg10 as they are far better , this they doing for 1200 , but have to take both soles as they dont usual repair one boot at a time as the soles come in pairs

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
fly boots are for quad riders , will stick to gaerne or alpinestars thankyou

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
between 1600 and 1900 depending on damage to the front of the boot , this includes the soles and toe caps . i have a pair of sg12 in for repairing soles and the front R1900 should have them in the week , they also repairing my one sg11 left boot as well new sole as its worn through , this pair has been resoled twice and lasts , boots themselves nearing their end sadly , wish gaerne would re introduce the sg11 and get rid of the sg10 as they are far better , this they doing for 1200 , but have to take both soles as they dont usual repair one boot at a time as the soles come in pairs
Sound about right.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Jono , how much did you pay for your Fox boots ?
R6500.00 - some where around there.

Only problem with my boots, is that you can only replace a certain piece of the sole.
The part that sits under the arch of your foot... This part does wear the most but would be nice to replace the entire sole, like the G's. I might be wrong though, but that's the part I received when buying.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
R6500.00 - some where around there.

Only problem with my boots, is that you can only replace a certain piece of the sole.
The part that sits under the arch of your foot... This part does wear the most but would be nice to replace the entire sole, like the G's. I might be wrong though, but that's the part I received when buying.
thanks bud after these resoles i think my boots will be vrot , looking at either yours or the alpine star tech 7 , about the same price , bu think i prefer your ankle support on your boots

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
thanks bud after these resoles i think my boots will be vrot , looking at either yours or the alpine star tech 7 , about the same price , bu think i prefer your ankle support on your boots
I tried on a bunch of boots when I was looking originally, the Fox's were the most comfortable, then a close second was the AStar's. Both very comfortable boots. But that's just for my feet, because I found the G's were really uncomfortable and too spacious.

I'm thinking at looking at Sidi's SRS's some time through the year but would like to try them on again and see.

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
Have a look at the Forma Predator as well, really nice boot, and Francois at Wild West sells them for R6k

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Ya, just needed to get them wet, every pair of boots I have ever had have done that, till they got wet
oh that explains why you always in the water , makes sense now , but is it not better to get them wet when no on the bike ?