F#!%$ loose boot soles!

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Hi Guys
We resole boots successfully and fit toe caps . The price ranges from R1000 for soles and toe caps to R1400 for Alpine Star moulded soles . We battled in the beginning with repairing boots ,we eventually gave up and sent our repairs to Dubun but had plenty of comebacks even with them . We found an industrial glue out of a different industry and since we "ve been using this we"ve been succesful.Our staff have also become better with the repairs.Repairs take 1 week so you drop it off on the weekend and collect the next weekend.

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
We resole boots successfully and fit toe caps . The price ranges from R1000 for soles and toe caps to R1400 for Alpine Star moulded soles . We battled in the beginning with repairing boots ,we eventually gave up and sent our repairs to Dubun but had plenty of comebacks even with them . We found an industrial glue out of a different industry and since we "ve been using this we"ve been succesful.Our staff have also become better with the repairs.Repairs take 1 week so you drop it off on the weekend and collect the next weekend.
Thanks Francois! I think I will do that and give it a try.

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
I actually found Sika flex worked like a charm and never came loose!

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Going to try the Sika Flex... Which one should I buy?

Last edited:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Hi Guys
shot boet , will get thatb in mind next time , did not know you where doing them again

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
between 1600 and 1900 depending on damage to the front of the boot , this includes the soles and toe caps . i have a pair of sg12 in for repairing soles and the front R1900 should have them in the week , they also repairing my one sg11 left boot as well new sole as its worn through , this pair has been resoled twice and lasts , boots themselves nearing their end sadly , wish gaerne would re introduce the sg11 and get rid of the sg10 as they are far better , this they doing for 1200 , but have to take both soles as they dont usual repair one boot at a time as the soles come in pairs
So not cheap. Seems a better idea to scoop up some nice second hands if on a tight budget?

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
So not cheap. Seems a better idea to scoop up some nice second hands if on a tight budget?
why ? sg12's cost almost 10K now would rather resole , the ones i have both SG are from 2014 , and the sg11 from 2013

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Sikaflex 11c is the one I have used in the past with good success
That stuff sticks like crazy! We use it on our enclosed builds on a few areas.

- - - Updated - - -

why ? sg12's cost almost 10K now would rather resole , the ones i have both SG are from 2014 , and the sg11 from 2013
Fair enough. So 2k to resole 10k boots makes sense. As long as the rest is still lekker.

But to resole say a pair of 5k boots wouldnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, would be awesome to have SG12's or a/s tech 10's :32: Then I would resole them:icon_lol:

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Got a tube of Sikaflex 11FC from builders. A guy in the store saw me take it and recommends I wear gloves when using it. :icon_lol:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Got a tube of Sikaflex 11FC from builders. A guy in the store saw me take it and recommends I wear gloves when using it. :icon_lol:
He is completely correct. You dont get that stuff off your skin easily.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Ok, those are the absolute cheapest ones. But then how about a/s tech 1 at R3300 or even tech 3's at R3999. Makes more sense to do that than drop 2k into a repair that "might" work. ?

https://mxalliance.co.za/product-category/dirt/boots/?orderby=price
Those cheap boots will maybe see 3-4 months of proper riding. SG12's come round on special every quarter and last year they were on sale for the 6500 mark quite a few times. you will see at least 2 years with a pair, you do the math of how many times 4 months go into 24. . . .

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Those cheap boots will maybe see 3-4 months of proper riding. SG12's come round on special every quarter and last year they were on sale for the 6500 mark quite a few times. you will see at least 2 years with a pair, you do the math of how many times 4 months go into 24. . . .
Im going to have to see how long my reacts last then. Got them for R2500 mid 2016 at full throttle.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Im going to have to see how long my reacts last then. Got them for R2500 mid 2016 at full throttle.
Not sure if you've had high end boots before, but once you move over to one, you'll see straight away how much better they are.

My Fox Instincts saved my ankle, if I was wearing my old Tech 3's, I'd have no ankle.

Helmet, knee braces and boots are items you should not cheap out on.