F#!%$ loose boot soles!

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Not sure if you've had high end boots before, but once you move over to one, you'll see straight away how much better they are.

My Fox Instincts saved my ankle, if I was wearing my old Tech 3's, I'd have no ankle.

Helmet, knee braces and boots are items you should not cheap out on.
Before the reacts I had SG10's. I tore them going over the bars in my last quad crash. Insurance paid out and I didnt replace everything as I should have. Not sure if you rate the SG10 as a high end boot.

Speak to Clint1801 about SG12's. He broke his foot in a very bad way in a brand new pair 2 years ago more or less:icon_lol:

There's a point with kit that I reckon the protection factor is there. I agree that cheap kak doesnt offer the protection high end stuff does, but there's also a limit at where the mid priced stuff offers the same I reckon.

I rate this isnt something either of us can scientifically prove as we can goon about various scenarios. Clint bailed after messing up a wheelie at a very low speed and his foot came off second best while wearing what would be one of the if not the best boots on the market. I have personally come off a superbike after a failed wheelie at close on 200 kays an hour and lost some skin, not one broken bone, didnt even need to go to hospital. I was wearing no protection excepting a helmet. Way too many variables to argue what kit does what.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
I ride quads.. blah blah blah..
:icon_lol:
I was referring more the the Fly boots you linked earlier.

Shit can happen, but I feel more confident I have top of the line boots then entry level boots.
I used my instincts for a year then tried on my Tech 3's just to see how they felt. I could believe how soft they were and how they'd fold in any direction with ease.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I was referring more the the Fly boots you linked earlier.

Shit can happen, but I feel more confident I have top of the line boots then entry level boots.
I used my instincts for a year then tried on my Tech 3's just to see how they felt. I could believe how soft they were and how they'd fold in any direction with ease.
Correction "rode" I dont own a quad anymore. Or wait, do the kids' two LT50's count?

Odd that, I would have pegged the tech 3 as a good boot? Even the tech 1. Yes entry level price, but good nonetheless.

I shoudl speak to your sponsors for SG12's perhaps:icon_lol:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
just got my boots back the sg12 and the sg 12 but now they a gaerne sidi crossover

lets see how long these last - will send in my other sg12's next month for one boot resole - still have a pair i bought from Ian that was resoled in the garage i still have to use !

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Give it a go! Only thing I get out of them is food and drinks.
They don't realize I need a TPI... :icon_neutral:
you not fast enough yet for a TPI ............... food and drink is expensive , and we pit for you for free . give a boy your hand and he wants your arm .

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
you not fast enough yet for a TPI ............... food and drink is expensive , and we pit for you for free . give a boy your hand and he wants your arm .
Can I sell that arm for a TPI?

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
He just needs to ride with his feet on the pegs and not in the ground. Then he won't have to replace soles every two weeks.
Or he has those super sharp wide pegs like I have on:icon_e_confused:

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
So I sikaflexed the sika out of my soles yesterday afternoon, will check the results tonight.

Placed a thick layer and duct taped it proper, worked surprising well for a 'makeshift' clamp while the glue is drying.

I got some on my hand, its not coming off... :bling:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
So I sikaflexed the sika out of my soles yesterday afternoon, will check the results tonight.

Placed a thick layer and duct taped it proper, worked surprising well for a 'makeshift' clamp while the glue is drying.

I got some on my hand, its not coming off... :bling:

Where did you get sikaflex from?

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
17' models and up are bad! They chew through soles way faster then the 16' and downwards.
Spotted a 17 at factory racing yesterday, saw that the pegs were much more aggressive.