Fanny pack + Hydration

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Look at me looking for advice on retail items (ATM take notes).

My LEATT slimline 2.5L has served me well for more than 2 years but zip is on its way out and the seams are coming out.
Bum bag also worn through and a tad bit bulky for my liking.

Im looking for something slimline and comfy whats out there what are you using pro's and cons.

Cheers

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I have the Ogio KTM bum bag that has plenty space for everything from tools to medical kit and more and the Ogio replica hydration back pack.

Last edited:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
only problem with hydration is it s a 2 litre , but it lasts me well . did not run out of water at matat at all this year and made it to dsp with plenty to spare , 4 hour ride at heidleberg usualy have about 500ml left

NUMSCH

Reaction score
only problem with hydration is it s a 2 litre , but it lasts me well . did not run out of water at matat at all this year and made it to dsp with plenty to spare , 4 hour ride at heidleberg usualy have about 500ml left
I use a 2L on short rides but the Ogio easily fits the 3L which I used every day at Matat.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I use a 2L on short rides but the Ogio easily fits the 3L which I used every day at Matat.
i bought a 3 litre lizzard bladder at mata2pont , did not use it but was only 100 randdollar , it fitted in but left it in the coller box at dsp and just filled my 2l .

NUMSCH

Reaction score
i bought a 3 litre lizzard bladder at mata2pont , did not use it but was only 100 randdollar , it fitted in but left it in the coller box at dsp and just filled my 2l .
I'll happily buy that 3L bladder as my spare is finished after 10 years!

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
I have the Ogio KTM bum bag that has plenty space for everything from tools to medical kit and more and the Ogio replica hydration back pack.

[/url]
Like this?

https://www.takealot.com/ogio-mx-450-tool-pack-stealth/PLID45242499

Please whatzapp me a nice pic or 6 tonight.

Oom Dean ill buy the acerbis tool belt if I dont find any other options as I dig it but the 2L is a deal breaker for me. You can put 3L bladder in but ive seen it does not take more than 2.3 liters and summer is here!

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
I use the below for social rides and low distance races.
The criss-cross strap system is awesome, no bouncing and you barely feel the pack on your back.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/uswe-a3-challenger-20l-hydration-pack

The below I use for long out-rides and long distance races.
Very similar to the above, but obviously can carry more tools and hydration. Although I prefer to carry as little as possible in the pack, and more in my bum-bag.
https://www.uswe-sports.com/us/packs/moto/ranger-9

I've only ever used the below and then a Fox one.
This one sits proper, no jumping around and you can pack a decent amount of tools inside.
https://www.atmotocross.com/products/acerbis-ram-motocross-enduro-mtb-waistpack-bum-bag-green-black-2l

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I'll happily buy that 3L bladder as my spare is finished after 10 years!
will go to the national , that oke doing the GPS will be there , and am sure he will bring more , wuill give you mine in the meantime , can always get luke to organise one too .

try speaking to bevin and ask him to try get some , i am sure he is house friends with the owner of Lizzard , cuan cronje

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Like this?

https://www.takealot.com/ogio-mx-450-tool-pack-stealth/PLID45242499

Please whatzapp me a nice pic or 6 tonight.

Oom Dean ill buy the acerbis tool belt if I dont find any other options as I dig it but the 2L is a deal breaker for me. You can put 3L bladder in but ive seen it does not take more than 2.3 liters and summer is here!
try using the acebis h20 , also only a 2 litre bladder but the 3 litre fits better as the bag itself is bigger , only thing is it does not have that criss cross harness

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Ive heard for ROA one "has" to have a bum bag. True story?

Dean I dig the look on the acerbis ones you posted first. How does the 3L bladder fit in when filled?

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Ive heard for ROA one "has" to have a bum bag. True story?

Dean I dig the look on the acerbis ones you posted first. How does the 3L bladder fit in when filled?
the same way the 2 litre does it judt makes the pack fatter