Fanny pack + Hydration

wayne.brits

Forum Member
Reaction score
RAD has FOX fanny packs on special for 350 Rands at the moment....saw a couple left today....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
A hydration pack is like a tyre, mousse, hand guards, helmet etc - everybody has there own preferential choice of brands :thumbs up:

Fires

Forum Member
Reaction score
A hydration pack is like a tyre, mousse, hand guards, helmet etc - everybody has there own preferential choice of brands :thumbs up:
I honestly don't think there is any single effing thing this lot can agree on :icon_lol: Thus I do agree on your comment at least :icon_mrgreen:

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
RAD has FOX fanny packs on special for 350 Rands at the moment....saw a couple left today....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
My last 1 and current one is this exact model. Way to bulky and @Lovverboy19 is the only one that will ever be able to fill it up!

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
keep tools and hydration pack separate, that way when racing your pi(s)t crew can just give you a whole new full hydration pack at stops instead of trying to fill a bladder in a rush(often leads to spilling not filling properly or leaking when sealed in a hurry)

The Only bladders to use are Camelbak , Lifetime Warranty( I had 8 year old bladders replaced for free when they started leaking) and the US military is helping them with development so the R&D budget is pretty solid.

The bag to carry the bladder, as simple as possible, none will ever be as comfy as the running packs but thorns will ruin one of those in 2 rides, but the most simplest camelbak will do.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
And lugging tools on your back will wear you down now now!!

So the fanny pack is a no brainer, this chap acts as a kidney belt as well. One less item to pack/wash/replace and its nice and comfy.

For bladder so far its OGIO atlas or USWE ranger 4:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Anyone here perhaps own a LEATT one? Wondering if this sucker will take a 3L bladder seeing as it has 1L storage, very similar to current LEATSWE I have:

https://www.acesports.co.za/products/leatt-gpx-race-hf-2-0
only 3 litre i know of from leatte is as follows

Bicycle Hydration, Cargo and Level Two Back Protection

The DBX 3.0 Cargo hydration backpack features a larger storage and bladder capacity, as well as a higher protection level. This backpack offers a 13-liter capacity in total, comprising of a ten-liter storage and three-liter bladder capacity.

Equipped with many outer and inner compartments as well as an included tool storage card, the design enables easy structuring of your essentials. It also features a convenient external carrier system for a half- or full-face helmet as well as a neck brace.

Another revision is the new back protection panel that is constructed from soft 3DF AirFit impact foam. This foam absorbs impact to take those hard knocks and is certified to CE level 2. The back section of the backpack is made of AirLine mesh for ventilation, and to keep your liquid cool, the bladder pocket is insulated.

The hydration tube can now be routed not only over the shoulder but also under the arm, left and right. All new Leatt backpacks also come with new improvements, including new buckles for shoulder strap adjustment (which are even more solid than the aluminium ones used before), a more secured adjustment system at the rips with additional Velcro straps, as well as the new tool card.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
13Liter capacity in total. . .

But this USWE comes with a 3l bladder inside so if its not bulky im taking it.