Footpeg bracket Husqvarna

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Can also try Tony @ GBR Racing in Benoni.

When did you purchase your hyde bash plate?
I had one ages ago which didn't protect the tabs, I've noticed on the newer bash plates the wings of the hyde guards stick out quite a bit further. Defending the join a lot better.
Could also try EnduroEngineering, AFAIK their bash plates also defend that join pretty well.
I think I bought it beginning of last year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Wow, that is quite severe, have seen broken tabs but never worn down to that extent.

Would also suggest welding it now before the pin breaks out.

Had to build a new bracket for a friend once and it gets very tricky to get the tabs 100% when building them yourself. If the hole is 1mm out the position of the pegs are altered quite a bit. Either sagging too low or standing up too high

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is quite severe, have seen broken tabs but never worn down to that extent.

Would also suggest welding it now before the pin breaks out.

Had to build a new bracket for a friend once and it gets very tricky to get the tabs 100% when building them yourself. If the hole is 1mm out the position of the pegs are altered quite a bit. Either sagging too low or standing up too high
I will definitely take it in and get the guys to build it up before it wears through. You mentioned guys have welded a new tab - after the work was completed ( besides the issue with alignemt ) did the welding hold up to all the abuse on rocks etc. Thats my main concern, will it hold up?

Pom17

Reaction score
I will definitely take it in and get the guys to build it up before it wears through. You mentioned guys have welded a new tab - after the work was completed ( besides the issue with alignemt ) did the welding hold up to all the abuse on rocks etc. Thats my main concern, will it hold up?

I worked on an old (2000 or 2001) GASGAS, both lugs were torn completely off the frame, so used a piece of square tubing that we cut and welded back.

It lasted well, think the guy rode with it for a year before selling and havent had any issues during that time.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
I worked on an old (2000 or 2001) GASGAS, both lugs were torn completely off the frame, so used a piece of square tubing that we cut and welded back.

It lasted well, think the guy rode with it for a year before selling and havent had any issues during that time.
Ok this is good news. I was concerned that it wouldn't hold up. Thanks alot for the advise.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score

I fogot to ask, did the guy who had the GASGAS ride alot of tech/rocks?

Pom17

Reaction score
I fogot to ask, did the guy who had the GASGAS ride alot of tech/rocks?

Jap, and also around your weight

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just an update - I made a guard for the footpeg brackets out of 2mm steel. Very strong and it moves with the footpeg. Prevents wear and also no more broken tabs.... well this is the idea lol

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Just an update - I made a guard for the footpeg brackets out of 2mm steel. Very strong and it moves with the footpeg. Prevents wear and also no more broken tabs.... well this is the idea lol

I still need to paint them.... and yes wash my bike.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Looks good, what are the chances that you have a spare front disc lying around?
Unfortunately I don't. Bike kings are open on Sunday if you need 1 urgently. They open at 9. PTA East.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Bike kings lol, is that the workshop close to the church?

You reckon they will carry stock?

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Bike kings lol, is that the workshop close to the church?

You reckon they will carry stock?
Haha not sure if there is a church close by...it's the old Full Throttle out on Lynnwood road. Further down Lynnwood road is Adventure MX. Either 1 should have.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Red husq has 4 bolts not a common item to stock
I am not sure where you stay but if those 2 places don't have EMD in Centurion always have and if not they will order and will have within a week. EMD is owned by Hannes who came 2nd in roof bronze last year. He mos also rode Dakar 2 years ago on a quad and came in the top 10.