Fork Seal Driver to borrow

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone in JHB (West and North) have a fork seal driver for 48mm Xplor forks i could please borrow? I will pay in beer for usage and return to your front door. Thanks.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Done that once before, wrecked the seal...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Use the old seal. Cut it in half and smooth the cut edge. Works like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Tried the seal cut in half and turned around.
But the driver is just the easiest quickest way of doing it and they are not expensive

EDIT: Problem with the PVC pipe is that you are driving on the rubber seal part of the fork seal and not on the outside where the steel ring sits.

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
Tried the seal cut in half and turned around.
But the driver is just the easiest quickest way of doing it and they are not expensive

EDIT: Problem with the PVC pipe is that you are driving on the rubber seal part of the fork seal and not on the outside where the steel ring sits.
Yeah i have to agree with you. Simple and quick to use... I find that using the old seal, once its cut, tends to pop out on the sides and i battle to get the new seal in flush, causes me more anger and then i tend to damange the seal out of frustration... But Mark has kindly let me use his, so it make the job quick...

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I've used my waste pipe about eleventy seven times and never broken a fork seal, but you okes are quiet riot, a fork seal driver kit is the best way to go. :thumbs up:

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
If anyone wants a proper seal driver, very much like the MotionPro seal drivers, I will make you one for R300
Think I must buy 20 and sell them for R500
Good deal the above, if you think about doing suspension yourself take the man up on his offer

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
Chad does great work. You will not be disappointed

George250

Forum Member
Reaction score
I've used my waste pipe about eleventy seven times and never broken a fork seal, but you okes are quiet riot, a fork seal driver kit is the best way to go. :thumbs up:
KTM use a double lip seal so a pvc pip damages the outer sealing lip and spring. On normal type seals the pvc pipe works well.

Rossnij

Forum Member
Reaction score
I'll take one Chad. PM me how you want to get monies. I am in Wetevreden Park.

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
I'll take one Chad. PM me how you want to get monies. I am in Wetevreden Park.
If he's at HB on Saturday and brings them, i can bring yours with me. I stay in Radiokop, so not far from your hood...