GASGAS and KTM

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
I think the roost will soon be selling gas gas!

Maybe even get a visist from Laia Sanz and Taddy

Surely it would have been cheaper for ktm to just offer different colour options when you buy a bike than buying a whole brand!!

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Actually the more I read on this the more I realise that KTM just killed another brand.
The enduro, MX and offroad bikes will just be red KTMs. Such a shame.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
Actually the more I read on this the more I realise that KTM just killed another brand.
In that case, looks like a good business decision to me.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
did they kill a brand or did they buy a whole division of trials bikes....

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
This is truly a sad day, KTM think their customers are ignorant. The only reason they keep getting away with this is they offer an almost unbeatable package - whether its KTM, Husky and now a Gas Gas (everyone knows its the same bike in just another colour) there is simply no one else to compete with them, OK I will give it to Sherco as they are trying but they have a loooong way to go to even compete with just Husky never mind the other 2.

The only answer to end this KTM dominance is for the fkn lazy ignorant Japs to see the light, get off their ass's and build a similar product that will exceed the package KTM offers. Once this happens KTM will begin to worry. How hard can it be for Yamaha, Honda, Kawa or Suzuki to bring back a 2T Motor and then take what they have and "Properly" Endurorize it. They have engineers , they have all the tooling and machinery available but not 1 of them can produce a proper Enduro bike. Honestly I think Stefan Pierer (sp) must sit at his desk peering over his empire and laugh as to how dumb the Jap manufacturers are.

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sherco loooong way off? Are you kidding me, something tells me you have never even sat on a Sherco!

KTMjedi

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have, it vibrates so much I thought the crank was bent
I do admit that the new KTM's with the counter balanced cranks are very smooth but the Sherco vibrates no more than the 2016 KTM's and earlier. Having said that I honestly don't even notice it. I can only imagine that by weighting the crank it robs HP because in a drag race a Sherco leaves the KTM for dead!

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have got used to the smoothness and when I think it’s vibrating too much I hop on an older Ktm and it clears it up very quickly. They haven’t weighted the crank, the balancer shaft spins in the opposite direction as the crank to smooth it out. It’s been in car and super bike engines for decades.

I agree the Sherco is a nice looking bike, but it’s French :icon_e_confused:and when they finally get fuel injection and a balancer shaft they will be on the back foot again because KTM would have other new idea by then. Also adding more electronics to a French vehicle will only make it unreliable :icon_lol:

Even TM has fuel injection now.......Italian electronics:icon_eek:

Last edited:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Or, look at it in another light - they bought another brand before they closed down due to financial trouble and kept a factory of people in jobs and got some decent tax rebates :thumbs up: