GasGas in RSA ?

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I don't even think GG has a dealer in the US and they are probably the biggest off-road bike seller in the world.

I think the only way GG will be able to claw back some small percentage of the world market they will need to supply bikes to there dealers on consignment

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
I don't even think GG has a dealer in the US and they are probably the biggest off-road bike seller in the world.

I think the only way GG will be able to claw back some small percentage of the world market they will need to supply bikes to there dealers on consignment
And next weekend is Easter - you beleive in the Easter Bunny as well :icon_lol:

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score

They have numerous dealers in the US and Canada. When you bring out a bike as good as the current offering memories of financial instability are quickly forgotten - just about everything that that the US market has been asking of GG has been addressed with the new bike from standardizing the bolts and nuts, captive nuts where possible, weight and using mainstream suspension are making it very popular in the US.

In europe they have a good team with some of the former GG riders like Nambotin and McCanney back and managed by Giovanni Sala, there is David Knight riding the extreme events in the UK and they also have the TPI ambassador, Lars Enockle, riding the hard enduros (i think he and DK are riding the WESS events as well)

So now is probably the (most) right time to be reintroducing them in SA, but not if you are looking for quick financial gain (I think this applies to any brand in the current economy). I think in 2010 when i bought my bike GG SA were selling about 100 bikes a year so probably similar to Beta or Sherco

What i have noticed in the rest of the world is that bike shops are dealers for more than one brand of bike, not sure why that doesn't happen in SA?

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
What i have noticed in the rest of the world is that bike shops are dealers for more than one brand of bike, not sure why that doesn't happen in SA?
I also noticed this, at a few stores in the US.
Perfect example - https://www.abernathycycles.com/

I'm sure there would be complications with distributors, if a store/dealer is selling various brands.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Guys, we need to remember that in the bike market world wide, dirtbikes are a tiny fraction of sales.
Honda was the biggest manufacturer, then they split with Hero in like 2009, now Hero is 2nd biggest and Honda is still the biggest. If you think about those numbers your realise that race and dirtbikes are merely a small portion and the place bike manufacturers really make money is commuters and normal road bikes. So to run a GG dealership it is not like most bike dealerships where there are scooters and road bikes supplementing the income, it is a small market share of a small bike market.