Good luck for Comrades Oz

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I think I would need a bicycle to get a sub 3 time:icon_lol:

I’m hoping to use the two oceans ultra next year to get a D seeding for Comrades, so that would be a sub 5:30 at Two Oceans...lots of work to be done before then though.
Dave is somewhat an elite athlete of sorts. Us mere mortalsl will manage a sub 4 on that route comfortably and that will give you the same seeding batch as I had this year. I was more than happy with where I was situated when the run started. D group.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you lot not got a Garage Card :33:
Dont need credit, pay cash.:icon_lol:

- - - Updated - - -
GrantMcD must say I am pretty sad I cannot do next year:icon_cry:

Really wanted that back to back medal and it would have certainly been easier than this year.

GrantMcD

Forum Member
Reaction score
Dave is somewhat an elite athlete of sorts. Us mere mortalsl will manage a sub 4 on that route comfortably and that will give you the same seeding batch as I had this year. I was more than happy with where I was situated when the run started. D group.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont need credit, pay cash.:icon_lol:

- - - Updated - - -
GrantMcD must say I am pretty sad I cannot do next year:icon_cry:

Really wanted that back to back medal and it would have certainly been easier than this year.
The back to back medal is the reason I’ve entered comrades, as soon as I have that I will be more than happy to pack up my running shoes forever :icon_lol:

GrantMcD

Forum Member
Reaction score
So you finished last year? Or are you planning on 2020 and 2021? My understanding is that they will both be down runs?
Nope, 2020 will be my first year having a go at it.

Planning to do 2020 and 2021. Where did you see they will both be down runs? I’d rather do one up and one down...regardless of how much more I’ll suffer on the up. In my mind it can’t really be a back to back comrades without an up and down:icon_rolleyes:

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score

Planning to do 2020 and 2021. Where did you see they will both be down runs? I’d rather do one up and one down...regardless of how much more I’ll suffer on the up. In my mind it can’t really be a back to back comrades without an up and down:icon_rolleyes:
2021 is the centenary year so they doing a down run to match the first run in 1921. hence double down runs...

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score

As confirmed yes, both will be down. Oddly most people prefer the up and say the down hurts them more. I find it the other way, I am much faster and stronger on down runs. Different folks different strokes I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

2021 is the centenary year so they doing a down run to match the first run in 1921. hence double down runs...
That's the one. Also heard that they will be allowing way more runners? Something like 34000? Supposedly there were 34 runners in 1921?

GrantMcD

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ahh at least I’ll have 3 years to train for the up then:thumbs up:

Apparently the first few km’s are a nightmare as is with 27000 odd runners, I can’t imagine how the route will cope with 34000.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score

Apparently the first few km’s are a nightmare as is with 27000 odd runners, I can’t imagine how the route will cope with 34000.
Yeah its pretty congested. That is why its best to make a plan to get in at least the D group and rather have accommodation close to the finish. Driving back the opposite way is a pain. In an ideal position stay at the start the night of and then at the finish after, but its hard to book that way. I stayed in the holiday inn umhlanga, can highly recommend it.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score

I think its currently capped at 24000 if memory serves. But the crazy thing is how many dont pitch. Last years entries also sold out in 2 weeks. I think less than 20k started.

GrantMcD

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I manage a D seeding:icon_redface:.Ja, I've heard it's a bit of a nightmare getting back if you stay at the start so I will stay in PMB and then Umhlanga.

This year the entries were capped at 27500, it sold out for SA entries within 2 or 3 days...

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Hopefully I manage a D seeding:icon_redface:.Ja, I've heard it's a bit of a nightmare getting back if you stay at the start so I will stay in PMB and then Umhlanga.

This year the entries were capped at 27500, it sold out for SA entries within 2 or 3 days...
Craziness!! So they are not too far off the 34000 for 2021.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Problem is that the E batch is for internationals and green numbers etc. So you end up in F. If I were you I would do a seeding race and try sneak something in the system. I didn't actually do any marathons for either comrades entry. I just punched in a race time, for this years race I didn't even have the race license story you supposed to get from the club.