Good news thread.

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Rio Olympics 2016

[h=1]Senatla: Hougaard offered me his medal[/h] 2016-08-12 06:45 Lloyd Burnard - Deodoro Stadium

share this

Seabelo Senatla (SASCOC)
[h=5]Related Links[/h]

Rio de Janeiro - It is the most gutting of stories, and it could not have happened to a more influential player.
Seabelo Senatla has been the superstar in the Blitzboks set-up since 2013 and a fundamental part of the build-up to Rio 2016.
His finishing and raw pace have combined to make him one of the most feared players on the world circuit.
If South Africa were going to succeed at the Olympics, nobody would have deserved it more than Senatla.
But tragedy struck on Wednesday when, in South Africa's quarter-final against Australia, he injured his wrist.
Speaking after that match, Senatla was confident that he would be okay to play in Thursday's semi-final against the Australians.
But those who were there and saw the way he was nursing his right hand had their doubts.
The news on Thursday morning was not good, and while the Blitzboks prepared for their semi-final Senatla was at hospital having his worst fears confirmed.
He was withdrawn from the squad and replaced by Francois Hougaard, and IOC regulations - rightly or wrongly - meant that he would not be one of the 12 players who stood on the podium and received a medal.
There was a touching moment when Blitzbok management scurried behind the scenes to get their superstar in a tracksuit and usher him onto the pitch to be a part of celebrations, but Senatla was still not able to take his place on the podium alongside his team-mates.
Speaking to Sport24 after the medal ceremony, Senatla was taking it all very well and he revealed that Hougaard had offered him his medal.
"It's only fair. If the other guys come in it means that my name is taken off the list and they have to be there," he said.
"Hougie (Hougaard) wanted to give it to me ... I was like 'No, no ... you keep it. Your name is on the list.'
"He's a very good guy and he wanted to give it to me. It's a procedure so I only think it's right. It doesn't matter how much time I got or how much time he played ... at the end of the day that's how it went."
Senatla said the team succeeding was more important than anything else.
"It's not really about me at the end of the day, it's about the team. And as long as the team got bronze I'm happy," he said.
"It was great to be a part of the moment even though I didn't get to stand on the podium.
"People don't realise how much we gave for this. I know that a bronze medal is not ideal for us because of the standards we have, but to stand on the podium and be one of the top three teams is quite an achievement.
"To see my brothers that I worked so hard with throughout the whole year get a medal on the podium was priceless for me and such a proud moment. I felt like I was with them there in spirit."
Senatla has fractured his wrist and will be out for around two months.
Lloyd Burnard is Sport24's correspondent in Rio de Janeiro for the duration of the 2016 Olympics ...

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
[h=1]Rand heads for fourth week of gains[/h] Aug 12 2016 11:54 Xola Potelwa

(iStock)

Johannesburg - The rand strengthened for a fourth week against the dollar as investors continued their hunt for better returns in high-yielding emerging markets.
The rand was also set for a fourth weekly advance against Britain’s pound, the longest stretch since the four weeks to April 10, and poised for the biggest gain against sterling since the first week of July.
The rand is also in its fourth weekly gain against the euro. The rand is the best performer against the dollar among emerging markets this week behind the Colombian and Mexican pesos.
The UK vote to quit the European Union has bolstered expectations that the US Federal Reserve will delay raising interest rates, as policy makers globally try to stem fall out from Britain’s decision. A gauge of emerging-market currencies headed for its third week of advances as dovish central bank policy from Japan to the Bank of England encourages investors to look toward riskier but higher-yielding emerging markets such as South Africa.
By 10:09 in Johannesburg, the rand was 0.3% stronger against the dollar, taking the week’s gain to 2.1% and making the currency the second-best performer in the world this year. While government bonds retreated after four days of gains, they are still set to rise for a third week.
South Africa’s benchmark stock index gained 1% to the highest since August 2 and was set for the first weekly gain in four.
By 11:30 the rand was trading 0.93% lower against the dollar at R13.41.

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
Rio Olympics 2016

Senatla: Hougaard offered me his medal

2016-08-12 06:45 Lloyd Burnard - Deodoro Stadium

share this

Seabelo Senatla (SASCOC)
Related Links

Rio de Janeiro - It is the most gutting of stories, and it could not have happened to a more influential player.
Seabelo Senatla has been the superstar in the Blitzboks set-up since 2013 and a fundamental part of the build-up to Rio 2016.
His finishing and raw pace have combined to make him one of the most feared players on the world circuit.
If South Africa were going to succeed at the Olympics, nobody would have deserved it more than Senatla.
But tragedy struck on Wednesday when, in South Africa's quarter-final against Australia, he injured his wrist.
Speaking after that match, Senatla was confident that he would be okay to play in Thursday's semi-final against the Australians.
But those who were there and saw the way he was nursing his right hand had their doubts.
The news on Thursday morning was not good, and while the Blitzboks prepared for their semi-final Senatla was at hospital having his worst fears confirmed.
He was withdrawn from the squad and replaced by Francois Hougaard, and IOC regulations - rightly or wrongly - meant that he would not be one of the 12 players who stood on the podium and received a medal.
There was a touching moment when Blitzbok management scurried behind the scenes to get their superstar in a tracksuit and usher him onto the pitch to be a part of celebrations, but Senatla was still not able to take his place on the podium alongside his team-mates.
Speaking to Sport24 after the medal ceremony, Senatla was taking it all very well and he revealed that Hougaard had offered him his medal.
"It's only fair. If the other guys come in it means that my name is taken off the list and they have to be there," he said.
"Hougie (Hougaard) wanted to give it to me ... I was like 'No, no ... you keep it. Your name is on the list.'
"He's a very good guy and he wanted to give it to me. It's a procedure so I only think it's right. It doesn't matter how much time I got or how much time he played ... at the end of the day that's how it went."
Senatla said the team succeeding was more important than anything else.
"It's not really about me at the end of the day, it's about the team. And as long as the team got bronze I'm happy," he said.
"It was great to be a part of the moment even though I didn't get to stand on the podium.
"People don't realise how much we gave for this. I know that a bronze medal is not ideal for us because of the standards we have, but to stand on the podium and be one of the top three teams is quite an achievement.
"To see my brothers that I worked so hard with throughout the whole year get a medal on the podium was priceless for me and such a proud moment. I felt like I was with them there in spirit."
Senatla has fractured his wrist and will be out for around two months.
Lloyd Burnard is Sport24's correspondent in Rio de Janeiro for the duration of the 2016 Olympics ...
Rio Olympics 2016

[h=1]Phelps needs 1 more gold to tie, um, SA![/h]2016-08-12 06:45

SHARE THIS

Michael Phelps (Getty Images)
[h=5]RELATED LINKS[/h]

Cape Town - The legend that is Michael Phelps has 22 Olympic gold medals to his name - one fewer than South Africa in their history...
On Thursday in Rio, Phelps touched first in the200m individual medley for his 22nd gold.
For added measure, Phelps also has two silver and two bronze medals in his collection.
That gold medal tally is just one shy of the 23 golds in total that South Africa has accumulated to date in 19 Olympic Games.
For the record, South Africa have six swimming golds.
Ominously - provided South Africa don't win a gold medal before then - Phelps will have a chance to "tie South Africa" in the final of the 100m butterfly on Friday night (Saturday at 03:12 SA time).
Unless of course Chad le Clos can deny him...

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Rand heads for fourth week of gains

Aug 12 2016 11:54 Xola Potelwa

(iStock)

Johannesburg - The rand strengthened for a fourth week against the dollar as investors continued their hunt for better returns in high-yielding emerging markets.
The rand was also set for a fourth weekly advance against Britain’s pound, the longest stretch since the four weeks to April 10, and poised for the biggest gain against sterling since the first week of July.
The rand is also in its fourth weekly gain against the euro. The rand is the best performer against the dollar among emerging markets this week behind the Colombian and Mexican pesos.
The UK vote to quit the European Union has bolstered expectations that the US Federal Reserve will delay raising interest rates, as policy makers globally try to stem fall out from Britain’s decision. A gauge of emerging-market currencies headed for its third week of advances as dovish central bank policy from Japan to the Bank of England encourages investors to look toward riskier but higher-yielding emerging markets such as South Africa.
By 10:09 in Johannesburg, the rand was 0.3% stronger against the dollar, taking the week’s gain to 2.1% and making the currency the second-best performer in the world this year. While government bonds retreated after four days of gains, they are still set to rise for a third week.
South Africa’s benchmark stock index gained 1% to the highest since August 2 and was set for the first weekly gain in four.
By 11:30 the rand was trading 0.93% lower against the dollar at R13.41.
In a week or two the rest of the world will realize that Zuma is still president!

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
it is a matter of perspective ... depends on what investments you have made during the DA celebratory period!
If you're talking about perspective, Bulls is generally from about waist height - he's always looked up you see.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Good news????

IT'S FRIDAY MUHTHUHFARKERS!!!!

I'M GOIN' SCRAMBLIN' TOMORROW!!!

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
might as well paste this here , on the way to Bulwer , between Howick and Bulwer something went wrong with the trailer and it rolled with two bikes on the back . Just want to Thank Justin Broughtan , James du toit and the other young laaitjie from sherco who's was kind enough to send out his Bakkie to fetch the Bikes so Luke could race on Saturday and Sunday , and that I could " Ride " the bronze Dragons back on the Sunday . A Big thanks also to @halfbac and his team for helping us sort out Luke's bike that evening as it took most of the brunt when the trailer rolled .

This is Why I love the offroad community , thanks guys , by the way the trailer was totaled all we managed to salvage was one wheel the rest was stuffed and mangled .

Also a big Thanks to Alfie Cox and Stefaan Van Deventer for the Loan of Stefaans clutch lever screws and clutch push bolt after Luke lost his on lap one , and gain to Eduan Bester for the loan of his for the race on Sunday , was a big help from you guys and highly appreciated

Last edited:

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
might as well paste this here , on the way to Bulwer , between Howick and Bulwer something went wrong with the trailer and it rolled with two bikes on the back . Just want to Thank Justin Broughtan , James du toit and the other young laaitjie from sherco who's was kind enough to send out his Bakkie to fetch the Bikes so Luke could race on Saturday and Sunday , and that I could " Ride " the bronze Dragons back on the Sunday . A Big thanks also to @halfbac and his team for helping us sort out Luke's bike that evening as it took most of the brunt when the trailer rolled .

This is Why I love the offroad community , thanks guys , by the way the trailer was totaled all we managed to salvage was one wheel the rest was stuffed and mangled .
Pics?

And how do you roll a trailer? Blowout?

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Pics?

And how do you roll a trailer? Blowout?
no pics bud sorry , we think the leaf spring came loose and dug into the tar flipping the trailer over and snapping the a frame completely off . the A frame was still attached to the tow hitch .

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Fuel looks set to come down by another +-R1 per liter next month!

Rudi2T

Forum Member
Reaction score

Also a big Thanks to Alfie Cox and Stefaan Van Deventer for the Loan of Stefaans clutch lever screws and clutch push bolt after Luke lost his on lap one , and gain to Eduan Bester for the loan of his for the race on Sunday , was a big help from you guys and highly appreciated
Jeez Dean_E232 glad you guys are ok. Must have sh@t yourself when that happened, I would probably.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Jeez @Dean_E232 glad you guys are ok. Must have sh@t yourself when that happened, I would probably.
It all happened so quick , we where just worried more about the bikes at the time . Was towing with a big van not sure if it would have felt the same in a smaller vehicle or not

Rudi2T

Forum Member
Reaction score
Fuel looks set to come down by another +-R1 per liter next month!
That is good news.

With the last reduction in price, we had threats of supply strikes from the unions, hope that this isn't the case again. Last month we had a serious issue getting fuel in our area. That's a first for me and a bit scary TBH, no fun being a petrolhead with no petrol.