Help wanted

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Aside from the banter I think the dudes are trying to help.

I also can't see how it could be better for your riding in the long term.
And I have said how many times how kak I am on a twisty, the thumb throttle makes it possible for me to do what I do.

I fail to see why you guys think it holds a person back. But none of you would actually be able to really give proper valuable input because no one has tried and if you did, it would feel alien too. You would actually have to ride it for a while to give decent feedback.

It's purely the stupidly blinded people with the whole quad hatred thing I reckon. Have a look when anyone mentions a quad on here. The response is not exactly welcoming. Age old thing.

Im already riding quite gnarly stuff with Clint who is probably the only guy that will tell me that the progress is good.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
To me it felt a lot more on/off than a twist. Less progressive and of course alien.

Whatever works for you and your :thumbs up:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I have ridden a quad , still have it actualy , its kfx 400 , thumbthrottles are kak , period , can we ban that word here please

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
To me it felt a lot more on/off than a twist. Less progressive and of course alien.

Whatever works for you and your :thumbs up:
I totally get that it will feel bad if you have been on a twist for years. There is no reason why it would be more twitchy or less progressive than a twist throttle.

If I ever get to a point that I can honestly say the thumb throttle is holding me back I would change.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I never said a thumb throttle would be better....
no , what we said is , you would most likely get better of the more tech sections . we also saying do what you feel works , we just saying if you want to get better loose it .

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
I have ridden a quad , still have it actualy , its kfx 400 , thumbthrottles are kak , period , can we ban that word here please
Dean says thumb throttles are kak, let's ban them worldwide. While we at it lets change jet skis to twisties as well. Anything else King Dean thinks is kak that should be abolished so that his royal highnesses world can be the way he wanted it?

booth

toll
Reaction score
And I have said how many times how kak I am on a twisty, the thumb throttle makes it possible for me to do what I do.

I fail to see why you guys think it holds a person back. But none of you would actually be able to really give proper valuable input because no one has tried and if you did, it would feel alien too. You would actually have to ride it for a while to give decent feedback.

It's purely the stupidly blinded people with the whole quad hatred thing I reckon. Have a look when anyone mentions a quad on here. The response is not exactly welcoming. Age old thing.

Im already riding quite gnarly stuff with Clint who is probably the only guy that will tell me that the progress is good.
Oz, does the thumb throttle not lock your hand into one position to operate it, ie your thumb has to reach it at all times meaning your wrist and arm had to stay in one position?

How do you move your body past the bars on steep climbs and back if you going down hill etc if your thumb has to stay in one postion?

Last edited:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
no , what we said is , you would most likely get better of the more tech sections . we also saying do what you feel works , we just saying if you want to get better loose it .
If I had a twist on I would still be stuck riding the section between Sharondale and the track, even that small section was super kak and had me tensed up. My progression would take forever, versus what I reckon is a very nice jump in riding ability on 2 wheels.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Oz, does the thumb throttle not lock your hand into one position to operate it, ie your thumb has to reach it at all times meaning your wrist and arm had to stay in one position?

How do you move your past the bars on steep climbs and back if you going down hill etc if your thumb has to stay in one postion?
Yes. I felt that as well.

Suppose Oz is used to it though.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
Dean says thumb throttles are kak, let's ban them worldwide. While we at it lets change jet skis to twisties as well. Anything else King Dean thinks is kak that should be abolished so that his royal highnesses world can be the way he wanted it?
thank you , finally you see it my way ...loose the king , sir will do .

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score

How do you move your past the bars on steep climbs and back if you going down hill etc if your thumb has to stay in one postion?
Its as natural as can be, I cant quite explain the dynamics behind it. But it works for me and a very small group of others.

You rode with me at man and machine last year for a while, and you mentioned that it looked all right from the outside, I was one of the few finishers there as well, so how can the thumb throttle be so kak? If it was a twist I would definitely not have finished. If you are coming this year you will see a vast improvement.

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Yes. I felt that as well.

Suppose Oz is used to it though.
I think I get what you guys are saying, as in when it gets steeper etc. With body position the thumb stays put where it needs to be and I have a full range of motion with either needing a small amount of throttle input or whatever is required. The throttle can also be set up somewhat to accommodate different "styles" If it sflat out pinned stuff you just move it closer to your body, if its less WOT and little more small input then you just move it away. But that's really getting nitpicky though.

I also get asked quite often how I am able to us the front brakes, also quite easily. I have one finger covering the lever at most times. But I am still trying to teach myself to leave it alone and use the back brake more.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
when you first learn to ride a car its usually a manual shift , you battle at first eventually it becomes second nature . you then try an auto , feels weird at first but you get the hang of it , you then after many years go back to manual you battle at first and then it all comes back fairly quickly .... same can be said about a bicycle ...... after a while at all comes back to you .

its what you used to and you finding a resistance to change here , sometimes change is required to progress