Help wanted

Chadvdw67

Forum Member
Reaction score
Im stubborn, but not to my own detriment. If its holding me back then no problem, but at the moment its helping me excel
Not trying to sound like a douche, but, how will you know if it is holding you back? As soon as you change to a twist it will set you back at that moment because it will feel uncomfortable and alien which will then make you go back to thumb throttle again, if you are happy with the thumb throttle then so be it, stick with it, but you will never know if its holding you back

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
Not trying to sound like a douche, but, how will you know if it is holding you back? As soon as you change to a twist it will set you back at that moment because it will feel uncomfortable and alien which will then make you go back to thumb throttle again, if you are happy with the thumb throttle then so be it, stick with it, but you will never know if its holding you back
When I moved over to two wheels I probably gave the twist about 4 - 6 rides and I hated every second of it. Fitted the thumb throttle and literally as I sat on the bike it all felt better, riding it was just so much more comfortable for me. Everything just clicked better and I could concentrate on better things than what the throttle was doing.:icon_lol:

My two lap times at HB were similar to your 1, so the thumb throttle cant be all that bad:icon_e_wink:

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Without dredging through the tons of info here in detail, I have managed to pick up that "whiskey throttle" fear is a key factor for this insane adaption ("insane" mentioned with great respect - you gotta do what you gotta do, but I just can't figure). I have to be honest, in my x-ray collection is at least two whiskey-throttle collar bones, a couple of ribs and a smashed shoulder blade....... but I have always been a slow learner.... And therein lies my reason for chirping; what did I learn? I have trained myself to be really "clutch-twitchy", always a finger or two on the clutch. Any time my throttle misbehaves, be it at the twist or the carb, I am quick with the clutch to disengage that nonsense from the drive train. That being said, I haven't had to rely on the "twitchy-clutch" for years now, but habit has stuck and it ain't a bad one!
yep, this is one of the first things (after setting sag) that wild will and chris birch teach in their training "ride like a cowboy with your guns out" (guns as in how we used to play cops and robbers with your index finger out, not in a crossfit vest with biceps bulging) a finger on the clutch and front brake at all times will save a lot of problems, not to mention that you should be riding the clutch every time you start to loose traction

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
yep, this is one of the first things (after setting sag) that wild will and chris birch teach in their training "ride like a cowboy with your guns out" (guns as in how we used to play cops and robbers with your index finger out, not in a crossfit vest with biceps bulging) a finger on the clutch and front brake at all times will save a lot of problems, not to mention that you should be riding the clutch every time you start to loose traction
Sadly, I have not done my sag set up yet:33:

Fires

Forum Member
Reaction score
OZ!!!! MY word :) You have a rekluse, snake oil in the gearbox, and whatever else is on your long list (to lazy to go find that post of yours where you mention it :icon_lol:) BUT YOU HAVEN'T done your sag yet??

:icon_mrgreen:

ozosborne

twat throttle
Reaction score
OZ!!!! MY word :) You have a rekluse, snake oil in the gearbox, and whatever else is on your long list (to lazy to go find that post of yours where you mention it :icon_lol:) BUT YOU HAVEN'T done your sag yet??

:icon_mrgreen:
I need an experienced hand to help me. My ride doesnt have too many gadgets man:icon_lol:

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
2 mins a tape measure and a youtube video and it is done, one of the best free modifications you can do to a bike other than resetting the clickers back to stock

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Oz, set the static sag. Rider sag can only really be done with springs. Static sag is 75% of the battle, you dont need help with that.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Oz, set the static sag. Rider sag can only really be done with springs. Static sag is 75% of the battle, you dont need help with that.
250, you don't understand, it needs a 10 page debate on which way to do it. Also, do you use a measuring tape (the spring loaded ones) , an engineering 1000mm calibrated ruler, an industrial vernier - 250 you know that, you have to get it spot on to 1/100000mm :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
250, you don't understand, it needs a 10 page debate on which way to do it. Also, do you use a measuring tape (the spring loaded ones) , an engineering 1000mm calibrated ruler, an industrial vernier - 250 you know that, you have to get it spot on to 1/100000mm :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
:icon_twisted::icon_lol:

- - - Updated - - -

make sure all the calibration certificates are in date and available for inspection by Oz

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Need more than a tape and vernier, Laser measure!!!

https://www.afgen.co.za/product/m-60-m-100/