Herbalife Nutrition

Mitch

Forum Member
Reaction score
Anyone use Herbalife for their Camelbacks?

Eg. Formula 1 Sport, CR7 Drive, Hydrate......

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
I know a few guys who use their products like the prolong and CR7 for adventure racing, one of them is an incredibly strong athlete, who is over 50 and running sub 4min/km...

I have used the CR7 and it works well enough.

I just will never deal with them again, won a 'body assessment' with them so went along to see what it was about.
Got told I was 18% body fat by a non qualified professional using a fancy scale, when 1 week later a registered professional Bio using calipers told me I was at 7%, then I got spammed with adverts every day via whatsapp untill I blocked the number.

Lands

One tequila, two tequila...
Reaction score
Have never used their products but they have partnered with Blue Cru so it must be great stuff! :icon_razz:

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Anyone use Herbalife for their Camelbacks?

Eg. Formula 1 Sport, CR7 Drive, Hydrate......
You'll probably see that Herbalife and Banting go together :33:, and Balance bracelets and skid plates with sliders on them :icon_lol:

A

armpump

You'll probably see that Herbalife and Banting go together :33:, and Balance bracelets and skid plates with sliders on them :icon_lol:
Only two of those things work ............ Banting and skip plate sliders :)

Dirty Harry

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, not quite.

I use what I am able to afford(personal limitations not their pricing) and I really enjoy their range. Some good stuff and it works well, however it is not a flippen replacement to carry on downing beer like everyone would like to believe. I will use this over the typical gym supplement shit sold at dischem any day.

DangerDave, I will believe the scale rather than that stupid caliper crap to be honest. The scale gives you body composition, so when you do jump on a scale and gain weight, you dont scheme, oh shit gained weight let's eat less. You know what you have gained and what you have lost. Maybe it was not explained to you properly?

Either way, yes good stuff.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
Ha ha, not quite.

I use what I am able to afford(personal limitations not their pricing) and I really enjoy their range. Some good stuff and it works well, however it is not a flippen replacement to carry on downing beer like everyone would like to believe. I will use this over the typical gym supplement shit sold at dischem any day.

DangerDave, I will believe the scale rather than that stupid caliper crap to be honest. The scale gives you body composition, so when you do jump on a scale and gain weight, you dont scheme, oh shit gained weight let's eat less. You know what you have gained and what you have lost. Maybe it was not explained to you properly?

Either way, yes good stuff.
please. a proper accurate scale, a tape measure and a caliper will give you a far better understanding of the shape of your body than that overpriced bathroom scale. Caliper testing can also be inaccurate if not done by someone who knows what they doing. But a registered bio has more cred than a supplement salesman.

The people who did the body comp analysis on me had me stand on the scale in socks when the scale uses alectric current, (put your heartrate monitor over your shirt and tell me how well it works). I had also walked in from the rain and had wet hair and shirt which also helps when testing electric resistivity. But they said 'no it doesn't matter'. They didn't ask how much fluid I drank(also changes resistivity) or when I had last trained.
I have performed resistivity studies on the ground and yes the theory is good and can work accurately, but there are a lot of factors to consider. Which they didn't.

Like I said, some of the products are good, like the cr7 and some of the other sports drinks and recovery shakes and I am not mocking that, but some products are questionable and their sales and marketing I don't agree with at all.

red_eye_righley

The Standard Thing
Reaction score
I thought herbalife was a glorified pyramid scheme.

I certainly steer well effing clear of it when it comes to shares although I have been advised I am being too cautious. IMO, if it walks like a pyramid scheme, clucks like a pyramid scheme then you are likely to get forked like its a pyramid scheme.

BigMike

Medium Mike
Reaction score
game works brilliantly

two berocca and a rehydrate for recovery after a big session works really well ... for me.

best advice i have ever been given from a ultra distance runner/ironman competitor/cape epic finsiher was as follows:

"keep it simple. no matter what you rehyrdate with, too much of it is a bad thing. trying to replace energy through fluids is useless, you have to physically eat to make that happen. all these shakes and bullshit claiming that they refuel you is a falacy, the stomach isnt designed that way. game and rehydrate work really well to replace fluids and electrolytes during exertion."

eating during exertion is a proper acquired skill, i have hated it through all events until i found the one thing i actually can eat without wanting to chunder 2 minutes after eating.

you really need to find what works for you buuuuuuuuuuuuuut K.I.S.S.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Water and coke is the best for drinking when riding. If its extreme and super tough or a long day a packet of rehydrate mixed in as a top up keeps me going.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
I thought herbalife was a glorified pyramid scheme.

I certainly steer well effing clear of it when it comes to shares although I have been advised I am being too cautious. IMO, if it walks like a pyramid scheme, clucks like a pyramid scheme then you are likely to get forked like its a pyramid scheme.
jeez and i thought it was all about selling dagga in various formats

Dirty Harry

Forum Member
Reaction score
please. a proper accurate scale, a tape measure and a caliper will give you a far better understanding of the shape of your body than that overpriced bathroom scale. Caliper testing can also be inaccurate if not done by someone who knows what they doing. But a registered bio has more cred than a supplement salesman.

The people who did the body comp analysis on me had me stand on the scale in socks when the scale uses alectric current, (put your heartrate monitor over your shirt and tell me how well it works). I had also walked in from the rain and had wet hair and shirt which also helps when testing electric resistivity. But they said 'no it doesn't matter'. They didn't ask how much fluid I drank(also changes resistivity) or when I had last trained.
I have performed resistivity studies on the ground and yes the theory is good and can work accurately, but there are a lot of factors to consider. Which they didn't.

Like I said, some of the products are good, like the cr7 and some of the other sports drinks and recovery shakes and I am not mocking that, but some products are questionable and their sales and marketing I don't agree with at all.
I agree 100%, you also cannot compare one method of measurement to another.

Looks like you were messed around big time which sucks, but its all good.