I give in.. to the 2020 KTM 300

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Being a 4stroker through and through, and never really feeling the 300 love on the older carb bikes... I need to eat my hat.
Very happy with the new scoot, If you switched the sound off, it would be hard to tell if you were on a 4t or 2t, and I
can see how @Tombstone feels its too smooth, it really is just linear usable power with very little hit.
She's still naked, and will stay so while every member of the local community feels like they are a policeman from their stoep, reporting anyone for anything they think breaks coronavirus lockdown rules... No fun allowed!

*4t will be for sale soon..

But here she is!

Attachments

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Lekker. Enjoy

My bike is much better since the post run-in mapping and I also turned my power valve out a good few turns, almost flush.

Now I wish I could just ride it. Still only have 8 and a bit hours up!

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Lekker. Enjoy

My bike is much better since the post run-in mapping and I also turned my power valve out a good few turns, almost flush.

Now I wish I could just ride it. Still only have 8 and a bit hours up!
I did 4 yeasterday! (home before 9 obviously...)

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice wacker, enjoy it.

2017+ 2t & especially TPI feels almost abnormally light and smooth at first, but so sharp and accurate at the same time.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Nice wacker, enjoy it.

2017+ 2t & especially TPI feels almost abnormally light and smooth at first, but so sharp and accurate at the same time.
I owned a 2017 300 briefly, really didnt like it, ran like shit with that stock carb.. I do believe some people have them sorted though.

I have ridden fi 4 strokes for so long, I really like the directness of the throttle to the power output on FI bikes, the carb bikes are not as "direct"

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Is riding banned in KZN Wacker :giggle:

I've learnt that the community of EUROPEAN settlers are full of shit. Everyone thinks they would have been on the right side of History during WW2... but from what I have learnt in the last few months, is that 90% of my neighbors would have handed Ann Frank over willingly...

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2017 300 briefly, really didnt like it, ran like shit with that stock carb.. I do believe some people have them sorted though.

I have ridden fi 4 strokes for so long, I really like the directness of the throttle to the power output on FI bikes, the carb bikes are not as "direct"
The carbs were definitely an issue on some 2017 bikes, Lectron/Keihin swap seemed to have sorted that out though. You could get them to run like the previous gen 300 with that big initial hit, which actually isnt great for extreme.

TPI is linear as you say... you can load it with revs and still be in control when you hit something.

Last edited:

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Jetting was not as easy as with 12-16 bikes but the 17 carbs had no issues. KTM still realeased the bike with a carb, just sent it out with kak settings.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Jetting was not as easy as with 12-16 bikes but the 17 carbs had no issues. KTM still realeased the bike with a carb, just sent it out with kak settings.
and the award for kak praat koning goes to... Lectron ect made a fortune off the 2017 ktm range of carb 2 strokes..

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
and the award for kak praat koning goes to... Lectron ect made a fortune off the 2017 ktm range of carb 2 strokes..
There are two active 2017 carb 2 strokes in our group with fokall problems!

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
For those that had the budget, the Lektron/SmartCarb option did sort out the issue though.